Thread Rating:
De Gea - one error too many???
I watched the latest of many De Gea gaffes down the years and this one v Watford this afternoon really "takes the biscuit" as theeee worst and many fans like myself would be saying they would've easily saved this fairly tame effort on De Gea's goal but not in the case of this Spanish goalie who clearly "opened the door" to a team that is rightly in the basement of the Premiership - he did it again!! Never liked this goalie and still wish United had tried to sign Schmeichel from Leicester City when they had the chance!! Why is this guy so randomly "accident prone"???? Is it his temperament? Fragile as glass???
Watching and listening to Roy Keane at HT on Sky Sport with another scathing criticism of De Gea after a bad gaffe v Spurs that should've been an easy save. Roy going "apeshit" - priceless and saying, "I wouldn't even allow him on the team bus" lol!! And ending his rant with a comment, "He's been doing this for years, not good enough"!. Roy "not taking any prisoners" tonight lol!
(19-06-2020, 22:51)0762 Wrote: Watching and listening to Roy Keane at HT on Sky Sport with another scathing criticism of De Gea after a bad gaffe v Spurs  that should've been an easy save. Roy going "apeshit" - priceless and saying, "I wouldn't even allow him on the team bus" lol!! And ending his rant with a comment, "He's been doing this for years, not good enough"!. Roy "not taking any prisoners" tonight lol!

I think Keane is being a bit harsh there!! Seems to me to be a statement made for ratings! The shot was hit with real pace and while De Gea got something on it he couldn't stop it. If anything Keane should be questioning the defence, which was slow and opened up far too easily by Spurs. Lindeloff gave Maguire no protection, and as soon as Maguire was beaten easily with the pace of the attacker, it was Lindeloff's inability to cover the space that gave Spurs the shooting option.

Decent game on the whole though and a draw was probably the right result in the end.
In Keano's defence, he did actually "rip" into Shaw, Maguire and Lindeloff but to be kind to De Gea, agreed the shot was "venomous" but he really should've saved it. Put it down to "rustiness". Anyway, the "red devils" didn't lose the match - move on to the next one.
Looks like De Gea had better put his helmet back on because after this performance against Chelsea he is going to get ripped into again!!!! Two goals conceded, both should have been stopped by him!!
Commentator was acting like its a rarity, he's been making howlers on a regular basis for 2 seasons now.
Yep! I can't figure why OGS fielded him for the 1st time in a FA Cup tie anyway!!? I won't even try to listen to the likes of Roy Keane's subsequent scathing comments after this latest disaster for De Gea. I thought his error in conceding the second Chelsea goal bordered on a "match fix" scenario as his hand movement to save a simple shot from o/s the pen box was highly suspicious IMO! Why didn't he push out his hands properly???????????? Anyway, lets put it down to another massive gaffe which De Gea is good at in big games and I'll bet the Spanish sports press will have another "field day" AGAIN in questioning De Gea's goalie status and temperament. Last year I wanted OGS to make a move for Casper Schmeichel and I hope United do exactly that and simultaneously try to "get rid" of De Gea whose time at OT should be discreetly ended. I doubt many United fans would "lose any sleep" re such a loss as OGS must strengthen up in certain key areas of the 1st team and that includes the goalie position. This FA Cup semi-final was definitely a huge opp missed v a Chelsea team that played effectively but recently "shown up" defensively by Sheffield United and is not that good! United still have "bigger fish to fry" in the weeks ahead and OGS must try to reorganise his 1st team players to quickly push on to higher heights.
Man U beaten 11-10 in a final showdown pk decider of the Europa League final in Gdansk last night. And De Gea unfortunately "pulled the short straw" in missing the penalty that mattered to render United as another losing finalist v a team that they should've "swept the floor with". But it was a shit match TBH and they never "showed up". De Gea not expected to take a pen anyway. But why didn't he just thrash the baw past the Villareal goalie (just like taking a bye kick but hit it low!!) instead of kicking a pitiful back pass?????? Anyway I must say I've never seen De Gea (the most expensive goalie United have ever signed!!) save a pk in years for United and never expected him to do it last night either - I wasn't disappointed by what I saw unfold!! I've previously commented two years ago that United should've moved on Casper Schmeichel to replace De Gea and move him on. I believe they'd have won more trophies than they have done up to now if Schmeichel was "between the sticks". IMO it is time to quickly do it now - BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!
hes useless on the ball. hardly ever involved in build up.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »