Thread Rating:
A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it....
I hope so Ritchie based on all recent poll info that seems to indicate that a lotta Scots in the "middle ground" are voting for the SNP for various reasons but the disrespect to Scotland over Brexit is a massive reason together with an abhorrence to Johnson and his fascist chums in govt! But here's a conundrum to "mull over" - say he needed that SNP support in govt, he consequently wouldn't want to lose those MPs with the threat of a Scotindy vote "on the horizon" as he would eventually lose them.
(04-11-2019, 23:41)ritchiebaby Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 22:18)0762 Wrote: Now Corbyn announcing he won't allow a second Scot Indy referendum!!!???? I wish to f### he and the Labour Party and McDonnell would "make up their minds" but this is no surprise and it is the "political game" being deployed by Corbyn and I don't actually believe him but he knows the Scot Labour Party are a non-entity up here with their leader, Richard Leonard, not in unison with Labour Party policy on numerous occasions. So Corbyn loses the Scottish vote but he had no chance in Scotland anyway but it distances himself from the SNP which is more to the point!!!!!

The SNP will surely get 50+ seats and that alone will make them kingmakers. Corbyn will probably need them to be able to form a Government this side of Christmas.

The absolute best result for the SNP is for labour to be the largest party down south. Its the only path to another indy vote because no way on this earth will Boris allow it.

Problem is labour have to distance themselves from the SNP or its an open goal for Boris. It doesn't matter what's getting said now about referendums and coalitions....its all up for grabs if the final results make it possible.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50275383

So Johnson wants to suppress the report on Russian interference in UK elections!!!??? Something to hide Mr Johnson (and Mr Cummings)???? Dominic Grieve's astonished response certainly tells a story and Johnson suddenly gone "defensive" with a verbal attack against Grieve!
A leaked document from Tory HQ telling candidates not to make promises on the NHS or climate change but shooting is ok apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/201...dApp_Tweet
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Plus more Tory gaffes/controversy covering Rees-Mogg and the Secretary of State for Wales, Alan Cairns, who have "covered themselves in shit" with the former opening his mouth re Grenfell without thinking and the latter telling "porkies" re his knowledge of a complicit collapse of a rape trial last year.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/al...spartandhp
Cairns subsequently resigns but shamelessly professes that he will contest the S Glamorgan seat for the Tories!?
(05-11-2019, 20:30)spireitematt Wrote: A leaked document from Tory HQ telling candidates not to make promises on the NHS or climate change but shooting is ok apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/201...dApp_Tweet

So the Tory plan is to shoot anyone approaching A&E to help reduce waiting times at NHS Hospitals? Tally ho Tarquin!! Whistle

Regarding Tax, we already set our own VAT rates. There isn't a uniform VAT rate across Europe but the lying scum would like you to think otherwise.

The other tax issues they don't want the EU sticking their nose in are as mentioned earlier and relate to where they stash their Offshore Tax Haven hoard(s). Nothing what so ever to with how the likes of me and thee are taxed, though it's written in vague enough language to make you think you might be onto a good deal. Fat chance of that happening.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Said it a million times but will once again...

Boris does not care about the union, he cares about bankers,oligarchs and trump.

If the English elect this most divisive of men, who goes against Scotlands politics we reserve the right to vote again.

Whatever happens Boris is going to cause chaos.
I briefly watched about 5 mins of bbc QT tonight and it was staged from Glasgow. I noticed that the bbc had "wheeled in" a real scumbag of a unionist Tory from the Angus seat - Kirstene Hare is her name and she is a shameless fanatic of unionism to the degree of unacceptable bigotry and bias and I base that view on previous drivel uttered by this woman!!! She will not be the MP for Angus for much longer, believe me!! In the brief slot that I watched, she audaciously commented that Johnson cared for Scotland, forget even mentioning the union - the laughing audience members totally exposed how Scots have sussed out this moronic Tory PM to her utter embarrassment after her usual drivel in trying to add devolved issues to a narrative that centres on a general election!!!??? The woman is a moron and rightly put down re devolved matters that have no bearing on a UK general election!! She has no sincere regard for Scottish interests whatsoever and is a Tory chancer with a narrow view of her own unionist credentials that "stand out like a sore thumb"!! How the bbc put this woman in their panel of guests is beyond me but actually no surprise and another reason why I generally don't watch this bbc prog any more as the disproportionate representation of RW shit heids like Oakeshott, Brewer and others, with their right-wing views, has become intolerable while SNP representation is literally about 5%.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/qu...spartandhp
Watch the video slot of Hare totally ridiculed by a Scottish audience - delighted to see shameless, insincere bastards like Hare exposed for what they are and what they represent!!
In my constituency of St Ives which also covers my home of Newlyn in Penzance, Helston and the other little small towns and villages within the big area, the current prediction is a Lib Dem gain.

In 2017, the Tory candidate won with a 0.6 advantage over the Lib Dem candidate. Now it’s expected to be a 10% difference between the two parties with the Lib Dem at 43% and the Tory at 33%.
Remove the Tory - that is the name of the game although I must say, like Matt, I don't like the Libdem leader, Swinson - wouldn't trust her as far as I can jump. She is no democrat and was part of a previous Tory govt who imposed severe austerity measures on lotsa vulnerable people and deprived areas/communities and happy to do so plus some of her comments re referenda etc are so undemocratic and unfair and exposes this woman's true RW values together with her artificial English accent that changes week by week.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »