Thread Rating:
A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it....
...with ludicrous comments on LBC about Jeremy Corbyn and backing his RW buddies/cretons, Farage and Johnson!!!???? WTF and Corbyn's response well measured and to the point re Trump's previous June comment re the NHS being "on the table". I think Corbyn is happy that Trump is not backing him anyway lol while promising that a Labour government will "chase down" all the corporate tax dodgers, dodgy offshore funds, dodgy bankers and wealthy unscrupulous tax fraudsters in a total change of government practise that will not ignore these chancing bastards any more. Talk about "spooking" the rich and wealthy eh! However, six weeks of this nonsense is too much for anybody and that includes me. Time to hide away from a lotta this shit esp leading up to a joyous "chilling out" period like Xmas with a common joke theme that Johnson is the PM who ruined Xmas, a grinch!! Meanwhile lotsa MPs "calling it a day" as well during what I reckon will be an eventful hustings to achieve what? A hung parliament? We shall see!!
First question is will there be any collaboration between the opposition parties to make sure that the Tories don't end up with a majority?? I don't want to see Labour get a majority either because I don't trust Corbyn but I certainly want to see Brexit stopped if possible. I would like to see labour step aside in seats that are traditionally between the Tories and Lib Dems and vice versa. Not sure its needed in Scotland but the seats where the Tories made gains could benefit from Laour pulling out and letting the SNP take on the Tories alone. Sure we will get a hung parliament at the end of the day ut this may be the only way to stop Brexit, then we can have a free for all election in two years time when things have settled down again and hopefully the spectre of a Trump led USA is behind us as well.
Don't understand why people say they don't trust Corbyn, when the alternative is Boris Johnson. Doh
0762 and Amelia Chaffinch like this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
I would take corbyn as PM in a heartbeat. At the very least he actually seems to know what's wrong with the UK.

Hopefully the English save the country by stopping the tories.
0762 likes this post
Can't do it without the Scots.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Whilst I understand why they were voted for, it is partly the SNP's fault for splitting Labour's vote as to why we ended up with this lot in the first place. A lot of labour MPs are going to lose their seats in this one. God help us.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
The Eton Mob don't exactly do a Ken Dodd with their cash do they? The EU are going to do exactly what Corbyn is saying he'll do which is why the Eton Mob (and these days it probably includes Fagarge too) want out of the EU so they are running scared of that. Stay in the EU, pay your dues chaps, drop another couple of dozen seats in this election, pay your dues chaps.

The Tories have misjudged the "mood of the public" and totally got the wrong advice from their pollsters and advisors everytime they've asked us to vote since Cameron's last GE where he got in by the skin of his teeth. We've had a helluva lot of "5 year fixed term" Parliaments since that day boys and girls haven't we? Time to give the shysters yet another bloody nose methinks.

Good to see so many MP's calling it quits but it's mostly on the back of the crap and abuse they are getting in the mail, on social media and however else a disgruntled public wishes to let them know they are annoyed. No, it isn't what they went into Politics for, but prior to and more so since the fur cup that was the Referendum they've had one main job to do. It's taken them 3+ years and they still haven't done it. The Tories waste their time playing change the leader and calling ever more futile General Elections. Labour should be so far ahead in the Opinion Polls that the Tories shouldn't even consider calling another one, but aren't close to being level (as said above, Opinion Polls are frequently wrong).

To my mind every man jack of them in Westminster should either resign or be voted out by those of us that do vote putting our X by anyone but our sitting MP. They've failed us all one way or another and have shown themselves to be full of their own self interests and nothing else.
ritchiebaby likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
To be fair, we can't do it without the English.

While the SNP losses gave the Tories Scottish seats they couldn't have expected, Labour weren't able to take advantage overall, which is their fault. Labour would need to gain 60 seats to get a majority, that's every Tory marginal of less than 5,000. For me, it's much more likely to be a Labour/SNP coalition with the SNP getting another Independence Referendum as part of the bargain. Now, for me that's fine, but would Jeremy Corbyn want to be remembered as the man who brought about the break-up of the UK?

There'll be just as much acrimony and division as there is now, just coming from different directions.
Cabbage is still good for you
I've seen people on social media say some really weird things, one guy put on twitter he would rather lose the NHS than have Jeremy Corbyn in power. That's like burning your house down because you don't like the curtains.

I think a general election is a bad idea on solving the Brexit conundrum because you can't have a general election on a one policy issue. General elections are about who governs the country for the next 4-5 years and what direction do you want the country to go in, that's why Labour are going to fight it on everyday issues like the NHS, investment in public services, homelessness etc. The Tories are fighting it on Brexit as are the Lib Dems. The SNP are fighting it on Scottish independence and anti austerity. The Brexit Party are a one trick pony like UKIP were or are.

I think this general election will end up with either a hung parliament like we have now or a small conservative majority like 4-5 seats. Labour will struggle and probably have no chance in Scotland after saying they are against a 2nd Scottish independence referendum.

Labour I doubt will go into coalition and the Lib Dems and Swinson have ruled out doing a pact with the Tories if there is a hung parliament but I would take Swinson's comments with a pinch of salt.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/ca...s-17178558

Re the NHS, this is another embarrassment for Johnson in the heartland of Cambridgeshire - booed out of a hospital and told to GTF - not good for Tory stage management of their election campaign. I must also add that this story has been totally suppressed by the mainstream unionist media up here in Scotland!!! Bear in mind that if Nicola Sturgeon had been booed out of a local hospital in Scotland, the same unionist media minions would be trying to tell the whole Scottish nation about it!!! Thumb down
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-mo...on-agency/

Also here is a very interesting development in the investigation of the vote leave campaign and the role of Johnson and Cummings plus Farage is being "chased up" on a similar theme. All evidence passed on by the London Met to the Criminal Prosecution Service - curious indeed!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »