Thread Rating:
World Cup: Japan v Scotland
What a great game this could be. Amazing that it is actually happening considering events of yesterday.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
I'm not a follower of rugby, either the proper type Tongue or this one  Whistle but I know a few people who'll be happy.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
My boss is out there. Got tickets for England v France. What rotten luck. Whistle Laugh Doh
Stairs likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
FT 28-21, Japan the eventual deserved winners and this match turned out to be a great match to watch with a lotta credit given to all the players who real "gave their all" to qualify!! Call it the proverbial "game of two halfs" and Scotland just didn't "show up" in the 1st half after taking the lead, 0-7 after 7 mins. IMO Gregor Townsend definitely started with the wrong 15 line up and effectively changed to an Edinburgh-Glasgow Warriors team that "scrapped" for control of the game and Japan pushed back to try and defend the 7 pts advantage at the end and succeeding albeit alarmed by the turnaround. Are Scotland a worse team than Japan? I don't think so and today the difference was the accuracy of passing and pace that Japan exuded during their "peak" moments. Scotland unfortunately "laboured" in this area, esp in the 2nd half, and that was the difference where they could've won this match "at the death". Also remember that Japan had "home advantage" in front of 70k noisy fans!! IMO we need a couple of "mongrels" in the forward areas, players who will really "mix it up" as it was clear that this kinda tactic definitely affected Japan and I'm sure the S African coach will be taking note of that fact before their quarter-final confrontation in what will be a testy match v decent Japanese opponents.
Townsends tactics were all wrong first half and we were shocking as a result, 2nd half we showed we are a good side and only some tremendous defending from Japan and slack handling stopped us from at the very least winning the game.

Townsend is a total chancer why apparently had to be told by the players at half time he was killing them, Scotland have taken a huge step backwards from cotter.
Vern Cotter was a better coach and fielded more resolute Scotland teams than Townsend. Many Scot RU fans now calling for Townsend's head with comments like the "golden boy" has been given every chance and "has to go"!! IMO his "days are numbered"! One of his comments that Scotland will just have to prepare for "ANOTHER FOUR YEARS" until the next Word Cup tourney in France!!??? Aye Gregor!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »