Thread Rating:
World Cup Japan: Ireland 27 Scotland 3
In the 1st Group A match, as expected, Scotland well beaten by Ireland and it is fine being beaten by a better side but the nature of this defeat is debatable as Scotland just did not "show up" for this match and the Irish boys did not have to do too much to ensure such a comfortable victory. Too many handling errors by the Scot players - very unimpressive! There are still three group matches to contest but I think many Scotland fans must already be questioning Gregor Townsend's position as head coach because his team was well "found out" today. A case of COME BACK VERN COTTER - ALL IS FORGIVEN!! I also wonder if Scotland should just "chanced it" in fielding some non-Scottish players under the flimsy WRU regs that lotsa other rugby-playing countries have been "taking advantage of" for years - no different from the cricket "anomaly" re player status and nationality in a specific country! I notice Japan has conveniently signed up a good number of SA and Aussie players for their WC campaign.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »