Thread Rating:
Scottish Cup final: Hearts v Celtic - the "triple treble" beckons!
So the ultimate match of the season looms ever closer for the Hoops and I think this is a potentially similar FA cup final score line and it really depends what Celtic team "shows up" on the day. Burke definitely doesn't start and Lenny is gonna try to field a team that is full of his 1st choice players who will embrace this historical occasion - all dependent on injury status and not risking too much on the day compared with opponents who have major injury probs and will risk losing players during this game. This will be a celebration of a major historical Scot footie achievement no matter if it is a 0-1 or a 0-5 victory for the Hoops but an emphatic win would put the "icing on the cake". As usual, the only "threat" to Celtic's "triple treble" will be a refereeing one and Hearts will be hoping for a "Willie Young" or Craig Thomson" final again (or a Meekings moment!!!) to "sneak" any kinda win and then spout off how good they are, which they are not!! Lets hope football wins through and we don't see any of this kinda nonsense!!
Hertz are a dismal outfit but they always raise their game hugely against us and the tims, so i think it might be tight, especially as celtic haven't really been convincing for some time now and struggle to break down teams that go compact or press them like sevco did.

If forrest and Tierney are in the mood it could be a very tough game for levein though.
I reckon there are a number of Hertz players who will not be "match fit" and that will "kill them" collectively! We shall see! Also when "the stakes are high" Celtic "deliver" with a good performance.
Lenny apparently gonna involve the young 16 year old, Karamoko Dembele but will it be from the start of this match or from the subs' bench? IMO experience prevails in the initial stages of this final and, even though this lad is absolutely exciting, a "special" player, it would be wise to give the task to guys who have "done the course" and 26 games unbeaten, 21 of them were "clean sheets" and 81 goals scored three seasons later..
He would be the youngest player to ever feature in a scottish cup final no ?

Why not use him though ? If you are good enough you are old enough! celtic aren't blessed with great options currently. Burke and Sinclair haven't kicked their own arses for a while now and rogic has been crocked for most of the year.
Aye! It is a case of risking the introduction of a special young player v tried n tested players who will be expected to "raise their game" in a showpiece final.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48318590
So Celtic win 1-2 after being "woken up from their slumber" by a cheeky opening goal by Hertz - no "single single" for Levein or their wishful "four consecutive cup final wins whenever they reach a SC final"! I call that "clutching at straws" and delighted to see Levein's age old "killing tactics" (seen it over 30 yrs ago and Levein still deploying the same shit!!!) stuffed up his erse by a £9M striker named Edouard - job done and a historic "triple treble" attained on the same date that Celtic won the European Cup in 1967.
Also listening to that little undiplomatic shitheid, Neil McCann, on Sportscene trying to push Hertz case for being "hard done" with Stubbsy sitting alongside him and diplomatically letting him "whistle dixie" while the celebrations are for a Celtic "triple treble"!! He should've told McCann that Hertz never played anybody of any class until the final and some of his comments were deluded! Getting a consistent "favourable draw" through the whole tourney is an understatement!!! Pair up McCann with that other poisonous minion, Naismith, and what a toxic "cocktail" of footie degeneration we'd have eh with both their faces "tripping them"!! At least it wisnae a "pumping" but that was down to the Hoops not being at their best but still doing enough when demanded to do so.
Shite final really, I can't remember either keeper making a save. Hertz to their credit were good up to the goal, afterwards I thought Celtic played better without ever looking convincing.

Great finish from Edouard to clinch it. Levein remains a complete tadger,a permanent stranger to winning trophies, the beeb literally cut his interview because he was just too miserable.

Mccann would be a perfect replacement for potter, he'd fit right in perfectly with the anti football philosophy at the PBS.
Definitely a poor final in a game that suited a negative team like Hertz, a side that has been jeered by their own fans on a good number of occasions and it "covers over the cracks" TBF!! Also I think Johnny Hayes deserves a "special mention" as he intercepted and cleared up some dangerous situations at crucial points of this match - an unsung hero!
Whilst it can be argued that Celtic's penalty was very soft it was pretty obvious that Hearts were second best for most of the game.
Unless Scottish football improves substantially next season Celtic will be odds on to make it a quadruple treble and may even go beyond that
The board need to give the new manager a transfer budget that will allow him to bring in players capable of progressing beyond the group stages.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »