Thread Rating:
No "guard of honour" at Ibronx but.....
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot...c-15007675

...is anybody surprised that this is the case when it comes to the crass behaviour and propaganda attached to this poisonous footie club! There is a huge list of issues that any fan can refer to when it comes to condemning this Govan club TBF!! For starters I'd refer to Hibs 2016 Scot Cup win against these Huns and the "massive deflection" from a historical defeat to focus on so many over-exaggerated incidents that suited them and their negative status of being losing finalists. Then there was that ludicrous transfer farce re them trying to force Hibs to concede to the transfer of Scotty Allan - their club statements were outrageous with no class attached to them whatsoever!! This is a footie club that is still in denial re the inherent probs that exist within its confines and their officials, and many within their biased media people, mistakenly work to the premise that their football antics supersede their poisonous activities and behaviour - again mere delusion!! Soccer has many other attributes, honourable ones, attached to it and Rangers FC has a lotta "catching up" to do!
Stupid decision by Rangers. Irrespective of the rivalry, simply the classy and dignified thing to do would be to congratulate their rivals on this win!! Last week Sheffield United were promoted to the PL, much to ur disgust and utter jealousy, yet our Chairman issued a club statement congratulating them on their excellent season, split our fan base a bit in terms of what was commented on social media but everyone could see the class that came with that statement!!!

Obviously this article is still speculative and I hope Rangers relent and do offer the guard of honor. The fans can boo Celtic all they want as it is happening, and I would expect nothing different from the fans considering the rivalry, but the club should rise above the rivalry!!
I think guards of honour at the fitba is a shite idea. Save it for the rugby where at least its genuine.

Its meant to be between teams than respect each other anyway and these 2 teams most definitely don't. And would you really want a guard of honour from a team of cheats and thugs like sevco anyway ?
I must admit I don't think Celtic will be too bothered because the main factor to satisfy them is that they are Premiership Champs again and will gain entry to the CL quali rounds. Job done!
Its funny watching the huns get all raging and indignant over something over something Celtic haven't even requested!
0762 likes this post
Let's face it if the positions were reversed Celtic probably wouldn't have given Rangers a guard of honour.
In this case Celtic would be quite happy knowing that the treble was all but wrapped up no matter the score at Ibrox.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »