Thread Rating:
Attempted murder by so called Rangers fans!! A disgrace AGAIN!!!
Watching the news unfold on SSN that 3 x Celtic fans attacked in Blackfriars Street, post match, and the Police confirming this attack was attempted murder with one 47 year old fan in a critical condition. I must say this is not unique when it comes to this poisonous footie club and factions of their horrible fans who will hurt people or even stab them, as previously reported, when their team's position becomes a negative one and they effectively can't "take it on the chin" - an absolute disgrace last night when parts of Glesca were akin to Gaza on a bad day - totally unacceptable in a civilised society and the "common factor" is Rangers FC and its horrible sectarian fans AGAIN!!!
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Celtic also have a sectarian element in their support and have been fined 5 times in the last 4 seasons because of it. But you're right to flag up what was a disgusting attack on Celtic fans. Those responsible must receive long prison sentences because the present system of a slap on the wrists does nothing to deter those intent on causing trouble. A 5 year + prison term might have an impact on them but who has the ba##s to bring it about?
It is also the consistency of this type of offence Wattie. I could "flag up" lotsa Rangers related instances of this type of offence where the guy in hospital has been stabbed and others been similarly attacked with a knife/knives. This goes farther back than Rangers UEFA Cup final appearance/riots in Manchester when several Russian fans were stabbed outside The Etihad Stadium after the match ended. Indeed Croatian fans stabbed this season before a Rangers Europa League tie - the "common factor" is Rangers FC and their poisonous fans using the sport of soccer as a "platform of hate" in various ways!!!
The consistency, as you put it, goes well beyond the "small minority" of fans who disgrace Rangers and in turn Scottish football but very little has been done by the SPFL/SFA to stamp it out. Celtic fans have caused some unrest BUT their behaviour is generally more vocal and banner waving than violent.
I think Rangers fans are stunned by the gap that has opened up between them and Celtic and are resigned to the possibility of 10 in a row but don`t know how to deal with it except through violent outbursts and that is starting to appear on the pitch which has effectively killed off any hope of stopping Celtic winning another treble.
Yep Wattie! That is exactly where I'm "coming from" re this subject and there is solid evidence to back up the fact Rangers FC is a toxic "brand" that attracts some real violent offenders who have been practising to hurt people for a very long time. This practise tends to hit it's "peak" when their aspirations are well n truly dashed - I'd call them the worst losers on the planet but ultimately it is only a game of f####### soccer, a sport that is one of many that people participate in!! These numpties are still a minority within our population and certainly must not be allowed to do this in any civilised and pluralist society.
1Wattie likes this post
(01-04-2019, 21:04)1Wattie Wrote: 0762,
The consistency, as you put it, goes well beyond the "small minority" of fans who disgrace Rangers and in turn Scottish football but very little has been done by the SPFL/SFA to stamp it out. Celtic fans have caused some unrest BUT their behaviour is generally more vocal and banner waving than violent.
I think Rangers fans are stunned by the gap that has opened up between them and Celtic and are resigned to the possibility of 10 in a row but don`t know how to deal with it except through violent outbursts and that is starting to appear on the pitch which has effectively killed off any hope of stopping Celtic winning another treble.

I think you are spot on in that last paragraph wattie.

The huns have went "all in" this season (with additional close brothers financing on top of all the soft loans) and haven't came close to stopping celtic in the league. Much more money is required (and a better manager too) but they are already spending way,way more than they can afford.

They have been running at a loss every year since they began in 2012 and this season will be no different. Yet some of those morons think they have a better business model Laugh Doh

Celtic have a stranglehold on Scottish football. There is nothing the huns can do about it, and that's what's driving them over the edge and its only going to get worse. Especially when you add in the farcical "continuity myth" which rightly other clubs fans rip the pish out of and has driven up their sense of victimhood plus gerrard and co whipping up the nutjobs with talk of bias against them (I know I know Laugh Laugh )
I find it hard to fathom how any realistic fan could have expected any team to really challenge Celtic!! They are so far ahead in terms of revenue and they only spend what they have to to stay the top dogs. Maybe Celtics stuttering first half gave rise to optimism but even then no one could beat them consistently but teams did hang around until they got into gear somewhat. With the extra money they get from the CL each season I can’t see this changing for a while.
The SPFL has become a one horse race for the last 8 seasons and unless a multi billionaire comes along and buys one of the other clubs it will remain so for years to come. It`s not unreasonable to say that Celtic could win the next 5 or 6 titles along with several more trebles.
Yep! Celtic are "light years" away from all the other Scot footie clubs who like to think they are "close" to the Hoops and every one of them depend on Celtic either "not showing up" in their relative matches or alternatively being hit by injuries in order that they have a semblance of a chance. If Celtic "show up", they lose!!! I've briefly watched some recent piss poor matches played out by the likes of Hearts, Aberdeen and Killie and have previously commented that some of the top teams in the National League in England would give them a good "doing" - a massive "reality check" esp for many of their fans who have a higher regard for their team than should be!! A bbc radio commentator recently reported from a Hearts match at the PBH that the game he'd been watching was "not very pleasing to the eye". I found this remark to be very amusing as it was not the first time this kinda critical comment had been uttered during the season. And what does that say for the rest of the Premiership sides below the top six eh!! A common theme is a lack of money compared with Celtic's acquired millions that are "stored in the coffers" and also the practise of pulling in lotsa loan players because they cannot afford to "pull in" any top class players (if even that!!) any other way and certain clubs don't wanna give their younger players a chance for fear of eventually being threatened with relegation.
(02-04-2019, 19:18)St Charles Owl Wrote: I find it hard to fathom how any realistic fan could have expected any team to really challenge Celtic!!  They are so far ahead in terms of revenue and they only spend what they have to to stay the top dogs.  Maybe Celtics stuttering first half gave rise to optimism but even then no one could beat them consistently but teams did hang around until they got into gear somewhat.  With the extra money they get from the CL each season I can’t see this changing for a while.

We are talking about rangers fans - the word "realistic" is an alien concept.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »