Thread Rating:
Celtic v Rangers - consolidation of another Premiership title?
Kent finally given his two match ban after appeal and IMO it should've been raised to three matches as that RFC appeal was downright impudence and no class in that move whatsoever! Gerrard unsurprisingly given a one match ban.
I think it`s right that Scott Brown may have questions to answer about some of his behaviour during the Old Firm game but not for the reasons given in the press. Celebrating a win against your oldest and fiercest rivals which guarantees you an 8th title is quite understandable and some Rangers players would do likewise if the positions were reversed.
During the game Broony goaded Morelos and deliberately tried to get a reaction which could get him sent off. TV pictures show Brown kicking or stamping on Morelos ankle and the rest is now history although I`m sure there`s something in the rules about deliberately trying to get a player sent off. That is the thing Brown should be questioned over not the release of emotions after his team had won.
I'd call some of this stuff ungentlemanly conduct but this should've been picked up by ref officials with a probable rebuke but no card. They didn't act on it plus it is not a retrospective offence.
I must add that a lotta this stuff has been "over blown" mainly because of Rangers being involved and their propaganda machine working in over drive. Some of it reminds me of their post match reaction after Hibs Scottish Cup final win against them in 2016 when some of their bad-losing official comments were ludicrous but actually deflected away from their own abject failure after all their previous "drum-beating" re their expected positive change in fortunes.
We'll have to agree to disagree on the Scott Brown incident with Morelos but you are spot on with the bad losers name that Rangers are getting. I well remember the claim that they had players hospitalised after we won the Scottish cup in 2016 and they are still the same. I think they are becoming a laughing stock in the game I don't think anybody would like to see them stopping Celtic from getting at least 10 in a row.
It's definitely a case of 'bad losers' wattie. I can remember loads of instances of rangers players taunting the Celtic supporters.

Just about every game you see players (especially defenders) having a niggle at an opponent to see if they get a reaction. Don't forget Morelos stamped on a 18 year old laddie in the previous fixture as well as booting Scott brown in the bawz.

Nothing untoward happened in the game apart from the huns losing their discipline and wanting as usual to blame anyone but themselves.
0762 likes this post
As you righty point out hibeejim there is now an element of "niggle" in our game now and unless the SFA/SPFL do something about it quickly it will only escalate and ruin football for good.
D'ya not remember Morelos gesturing to Hibs E Standites after Rangers recent goal at ER!!? The AR on the east side of the pitch must have seen his lewd gestures but no action taken again. At least it is consistent!
(06-04-2019, 18:18)0762 Wrote: D'ya not remember Morelos gesturing to Hibs E Standites after Rangers recent goal at ER!!

To be fair, you can’t have a go at Morelos for doing that while exonerating Brown celebrating in front of the Rangers fans!!! Scottish football is toxic at times, particualrly Rangers and to a lesser degree Celtic but the players on the pitch need to take some responsibility to remain professional and no make that toxicity even worse!!! Morelos is a good player, he has shown that many times, but he is so fragile in terms of temperament and there is no problem to me in Brown winding him up, that was expected by anyone with any football knowledge but some of the other antics by players should be curbed!!
Broony and other Celtic players briefly "celebrated" in front of the Rangers fans because that is where the game actually ended!!!! If it had ended in front of the dug outs then that is where the celebrations would've initially taken place!! There is too much "capital" being made out of this scenario without looking at the true facts re how this game ended and also the toxic history of personal abuse of Broony by lotsa poisonous Rangers cretons who infect Scottish footie!! I remember a few years ago there was a question on this board that asked, "Will Rangers be missed from the top league and Scot footie"? My answer was a resounding NOOOOO for the very reasons that we are debating this current issue and I'd challenge anyone who disagrees with that view to just reflect back to when Rangers were downgraded to the lower leagues and scrutinise the general behaviour in Scottish footie before and after their eventual return to the Premiership!! The evidence is absolutely damning and I will add that I predicted this problem arising as we are now observing it!!
Give over 0762, take your green hooped glasses off!! Brown was standing all alone with his arms aloft right in front of the Rangers fans and looking directly at them!!! Even when he had finished, he was still standing on his own, the only person near him was a steward!! I’m not saying Rangers are not toxic, they are and they have a much bigger minority of idiots compared to other clubs, but fanning the flames like this doesn’t help anyone and just makes it worse. If this was in front of the Hibs fans in a similar situation he would have been slammed by the Hibs fans for doing it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »