Thread Rating:
Celtic v Rangers - consolidation of another Premiership title?
No he wasn't - he was 40 yards away from the rangers section and he turned and gave them a GIRFUY. Halliday then ran over and confronted him.

These are fans who have sung vile songs about his sister dying of cancer and can't take a wee bit back - they can xxxx right off.

Actually being honest, mcnulty and berra's celebrations today at tynecastle could also be described as provocative, but you dont hear our respective fans or managers whining about it afterwards, or trying to get them disciplined.

It's a joke this is still being talked about frankly, the only reason it is is because sevco lost...again.
0762 likes this post
I’m not condoning anything Rangers fans or club did but if you don’t think that what Brown did was inflammatory in an already highly inflamed situation then I don’t know what else to think!!!
Yeah, but it happens all the time. Lafferty gave the Celtic fans the finger for instance, in a highly inflamed game. No sanction.

The problem here, again, is the inconsistent application of the rulebook.
I'll also add in answer to a hypothetical "What aboot if Broony did that to Hibs fans"? It's a "nothing argument" as that would never happen anyway as any Hibs fan with any kinda nous would succinctly explain. Also the GIRUY gesture (if you really wanna define it as that!!) was made in celebration with and towards the Celtic main stand. Proving this otherwise would be challenging to say the least!! Lastly Lenny's defence of Broony on bbc radio tonight was colourful as well as scathing re the usual Rangers media concoctions and sources of various insinuations that deflect away from their own abject failure and the number of players who "lost the plot" on the pitch!
(06-04-2019, 20:48)hibeejim21 Wrote: Yeah, but it happens all the time. Lafferty gave the Celtic fans the finger for instance, in a highly inflamed game. No sanction.

The problem here, again, is the inconsistent application of the rulebook.

Nail on head!!! It does go on and it needs to stop, only the players, clubs and the SFA etc can make that happen. I doesn’t matter who it is against it just adds fuel to the fire.
Lets "sterilise the game" then lol!! After all, we are at the point where a player can't celebrate with his fans after a goal and even that rule is inconsistent - a case of defining "red lines" and how far one can go to breach the rules - another "mine field" for ref officials who are not that impressive at the best of times!!
Football can be, and often is, a very emotional game going from its low point one week where teams lose matches they would normally win and produce a performance well below their norm. The following week they win against their closest rivals and have a well organised performance and all the pent up emotion is released. Players react accordingly and we need to make some allowance for that.
We have seen several managers act in similar fashion and at the end of the day we are all human with human frailties.
0762 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »