Thread Rating:
Shock of shocks! Brendan Rodgers to Leicester City!?
Considering the chain of events that brought us to Rogers going to Leicester it will be no surprise when the conspiracy theorists get started.
It seems suspicious if you take each piece in turn.
1) Leicester have a bad run
2) Lennon leaves Hibs under a cloud
3) Leicester sack Puel
4) Rogers gets the Leicester job
5) Lennon tales over at Celtic
Purely coincidence or a well worked scheme.
0762 likes this post
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/...s-14057471
Yep! I sent a text to bbc Sportsound on a similar note in tonight's debate! I ended it by commenting, "How convenient"!
Read Rodgers' real reasons for joining Leicester City! All exclusive to the Daily Mirror! Only I don't "buy it"!! Money money money!!
Having read Rogers lame reason for ditching Celtic in favour of Leicester it appears that money is the prime factor in his move.
Celtic have many talented youngsters that he could mould into tomorrow's stars but in the EPL fans want instant success so the clubs try to but it in.
I don't honestly think Rogers will see out his contract, he'll be sacked in season 20/21 simply because Leicester will not give him time to succeed.
It’s not just about money, the exposure a manager or player gets in the PL is far greater as well. It’s certainly not about winning anything, he is guaranteed that with Celtic already. I suppose he was always going to end up back in the PL, I think he has a personal pride issue to put right as well, so I’m sure that played into the decision.

But the main driver is money - wages, transfer funds and academy spend.
IMO Rodgers will see this move as a "stepping stone" to a bigger club.
(26-02-2019, 21:55)1Wattie Wrote: Considering the chain of events that brought us to Rogers going to Leicester it will be no surprise when the conspiracy theorists get started.
It seems suspicious if you take each piece in turn.
1) Leicester have a bad run
2) Lennon leaves Hibs under a cloud
3) Leicester sack Puel
4) Rogers gets the Leicester job
5) Lennon tales over at Celtic
Purely coincidence or a well worked scheme.

The more i read the more convinced i am that hibs have been shafted in the aftermath of rodgers and lawwell's feud. Rodgers has apparently met Leicester reps at Celtics winter camp in january and agreed to go there in the summer. I think lawwell has got wind of this somehow and pulled his transfers and tipped lennon off to work his exit from hibs.

Then puel has got sacked and Rodgers has pushed for the move to happen straight away as if it went to the summer benitez was looking more likely to be in the frame, and knowing how hard it would be to replace a manager at such a crucial stage of the season I think lawwell has had lennon free in case this scenario arose...Neil's recent comments about being sure about managing in Scotland again was a major clue.

Lawwell and Rodgers are both arseholes, lennon is just an opportunist - increasingly I'm glad we have moved on.
0762 likes this post
It certainly seems from what you say hibeejim21 that this has been brewing for a while and was well worked out by all parties with Hibs ,as usual,ending up the losers.
The right attitude has to be we have moved on and need to give our new boss 100% backing. We still have a top 6 place to fight for and are still in the Scottish cup so there's a lot to play for.
Aye! I'd just add that notice the common factor of the Dubai winter camp and a couple of weeks later Lenny is suddenly offsky!
Also here are some interesting comments by Mousa Dembele re Rodgers' move - money money money and hypocrisy the "key words".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba...mbele.html
So long as Leicester have the Thai money they do have the potential to join the challengers for the Champions League places, but I don't think that aspect of Thai money ever entered Rodgers head.

Scottish fans who love their teams have been royally screwed.

And much of the sympathy the helicopter crash evoked for Leicester has also been drained from the cockpit (or should that be cesspit?). They received a lot of respect within in the game and appear to be giving back very little in return.
I`m not surprised Rodgers left , its a money driven World , very little loyalty and all the other reasons
Celtic have got the best replacement and shouldn't have ever let him go last time, really reckon they have got the better deal and someone "Celtic minded"

I really will have a look at the Rangers forums around the net for their opinion !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »