Thread Rating:
Celtic 4 Motherwell 1 - Celtic lose a bizarre 1st goal in 2019!
So the Hoops started this match with 5 x player changes but still formidable without excelling and their young debutant, Euan Henderson, given the MOTM award. A big "talking point" was Celtic's loss of an "unsporting goal" to make the score 2-1, a case of returning possession to the Hoops but a young 18 year old player decided to carry on from a throw in and, even although the rules allow this faux pas, it is generally frowned upon. If I was refereeing, I'd normally instruct a captain or a manager to broker a goal concession as a "sporting gesture" but the offending team really should do it anyway and it is not a unique case either because that scenario has been previously done on the odd occasion where an "accidental goal" has been scored. Anyway, no damage done and Celtic's GD advantage reasonably endorsed as well as 8 pts ahead with a weakened team and boosted by Kieron Tierney's return. Celtic still looking odds on for a "triple treble" on this evidence.
If Celtic can get maximum points from their next 3 games and win the Derby game I can't see anyway back for sevco.
hibeejim21.
The way things are and the current level of performance from Celtic I can`t see Rangers or anyone else getting closer than the 8 points they are ahead at present. Without the pressure of European football they could see out the rest of the season unbeaten.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »