Thread Rating:
Killie v Celtic - a good moment to seize an 8 pt lead!
This could indeed be an opportune moment to impose a decent "points gap" at the summit of the Scot Premiership after Aberdeen and Rangers both faltering in their Saturday afternoon games! I'm sure Rodgers will be stressing that point to his players as well as the fact they have not lost any goals this year in domestic matches.
0-1 and a colossal Celtic goal by Broony in the dying mins of this match! The massive celebrations at the end of the game really showed how important this meant to Celtic - 8 pts ahead!! Also how on earth Broony can be given a 2nd yellow card, for celebrating a rare goal + a "pivotal moment" in Celtic's title quest, is beyond me!! Give it a rest Bobby Madden and just "embrace the moment" FFS!! Or we'll eventually sterilise Scot footie to have literally no passion and spontaneous celebrations! What a joke!!
Broony definitely got a rub of the green with that shot Laugh - think it was heading for prestwick airport until that deflection.....

If Celtics away form hadn't been so woeful this season they would already be 'home and hosed'.
I don`t think the ref had any other choice but to book Brown considering he left the field and was celebrating with some fans who were in the process of invading the pitch. The unfortunate thing about it is that his offence only deserved a yellow card but his earlier booking pushed it up to an overall red.
I agree though that this was a pivotal moment and one which almost guarantees Celtic the title, it can only be lost by them no other team is capable of overtaking them now.
It is interesting that the rule for this offence is a Scottish one dictated by the Police and is not practised in England. What Broony did was his usual "Broony celebration" and some fans invaded the pitch. Broony didn't enter the fan zone and IMO didn't do much wrong!
Did Morelos get booked for doing pretty much the same thing at Livingston? And to be fair other clubs player have done it too and not been booked.

Fair enough if that's what the authorities want but apply it consistently.
From the posts by everyone on here the main thing seems to be that no player is right OR wrong when celebrating like Brown or Morelos or any other player BUT we have shown up the inconsistency in applying the rules, or not as the case may be.
Taking the point that Brown should have been booked then every other player acting accordingly should also be booked. We have reached a situation where Brown will be suspended but another player doing the same thing will escape any punishment.
That can`t be right in the interest of fair play.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »