Thread Rating:
Scottish Cup: Celtic v Airdrieonians
Celtic finally kick off again with a decent cup tie v Airdrie and I expect the Hoops to "fly out the blocks" on Rodgers' instructions and that same "attitude" will follow in the forthcoming league matches. A case of they are top of the Scot Premiership with a "game in hand" and they will now stay in that position and indeed "forge ahead" to another league title and remember they are still on course for a "triple treble". Watch this space....!!!
Be interesting to see how Timothy weah gets on. My French friends tell me is very,very talented.
Timothy Weah scores a debut goal and Celtic ease through to the the 5th round with a comfortable 3-0 win. The only debatable issue centred again on a refereeing gaffe, an offside decision that denied Sinclair of a "hat trick" and taking ownership of the match ball. His goal was clearly onside (not even close to offside!) and I question the competence of the AR who raised his flag! I've officiated games in days gone by and "ran the line" occasionally - I wouldn't get that decision wrong unless I guessed and was not concentrating on the game!!! Scottish refs and ARs need to improve their damaged reputation but how???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »