Thread Rating:
Morelos "let off the hook" again by the SFA!!!???
Hear hear! My view on this whole subject is that the SFA has been gradually "infiltrated" since Glasgow Rangers demise and the eventual elevation of Rangers FC and the organisation is indeed "rotten" to the core. The word "impartiality" is not a core part of the way the SFA operates and it should be. I think this is one of the main reasons that Leeann Dempster dismissed any interest in the CE's vacant post in 2017. There was never any chance of "radical change" to the way the SFA operates with a "root and branch" approach.
Beaton says he saw all three of Morelos's incidents now so if he did, then he ignored an SFA directive regarding grabbing/punching/stamping etc. automatic dismissal..... Why ? There is a you tube compilation of very questionable decisions he's given in the huns favour.

But no all you hear about in the press now is the potential for another strike.xxxx them, I'd be delighted to get more foreign refs in.
There would be no threat of another strike by referees if 1)they applied the rules equally to every team in Scotland 2) they were allowed to explain how they saw or interpreted a decision without fear of criticism or threats 3) they were all full time officials appointed at a normal job interview and trained like any other person starting a new career path. They would be in 4 classes, 1 for Premiership games 2 Championship 3 Div1 and 4 for all other games
In addition there needs to be a performance officer/director who monitors them and when they make 2 or 3 wrong decisions has the power to stand them down from refereeing or reduces them in class or give a period of probation. Some of our referees are earning £30,000 plus expenses, for that kind of money football fans deserve more than we are getting.
I may add that they should also be forced to declare a signed formal affidavit re any footie club association or interest, the same as practised by the English FA - removes any possible "partiality" in "one fell swoop" but we don't practise this way as all footie refs are naively regarded as trustworthy to officiate any footie match to which they are assigned and no matter the level of importance re said footie match (sic)!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »