Thread Rating:
Gary Caldwell
Gary Caldwell has been appointed as the new manager of Partick Thistle.

I feel sorry for Partick Thistle.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
The rest of Scotland holds its breath, but surely he only has to tell them to mark Trouten to beat Alloa on Saturday? Surely that won't be beyond him?
The club certainly spoke in huge tones about Caldwell in the media

It`s a great league this year but I`m not expecting a huge lot from Partick, not this year anyway
He's been sacked

That lasted longer than you expected, then?!
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
(18-09-2019, 16:15)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: That lasted longer than you expected, then?!

Well at Chesterfield he lasted from January 2017 till September 2017. Interestingly he got sacked by Chesterfield on the 16th September 2017 and he's just been sacked by Partick on the 18th September.

He'll go down as the worst Chesterfield manager ever. He won 3 in 29.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post

Some ex-players don't make good footie managers and that is a fact! It is not a divine right to have that blessing of post retirement reverence in footie management and Gary Caldwell is a classic example of that kinda failure. One can acquire all the coaching badges that are required but it is very clear that other attributes and skills are very useful in attaining success. Many ex players just don't have it!
ritchiebaby, spireitematt, Amelia Chaffinch like this post
I certainly think club heroes should think twice about returning to manage their old clubs, 0762. I'm thinking the likes of Tony Mowbray at Middlesbrough or even what could be happening to Lampard at Chelsea.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
(18-09-2019, 15:03)spireitematt Wrote: He's been sacked

I know one of the thistle players socially and apparently caldwell was a massive arsehole to the players and staff, even ignored fans at the POTY awards.
That is interesting when one compares that with the praise that Kenny Miller heaped on Caldwell last night on bbc radio Sportsound. Of course, Kenny did say he was his pal lol!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »