Thread Rating:
Germany squad V Holland and France
Thought that this was worth a post

I mean we all saw the terrible World cup Germany had
We all scratched out heads, pointed figures, laughed, watched with interest the fall out
Still for me I can appreciate experience but still looks a reliance

Germany:

Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Barcelona), Kevin Trapp (Eintracht Frankfurt)

Defenders: Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Matthias Ginter (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Jonas Hector (Cologne), Mats Hummels (Bayern Munich), Thilo Kehrer (Paris Saint-Germain), Antonio Ruediger (Chelsea), Nico Schulz (Hoffenheim), Niklas Suele (Bayern Munich)

Midfielders: Julian Brandt (Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler (Paris Saint-Germain), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Leon Goretzka (Bayern Munich), Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen), Leroy Sane (Manchester City), Sebastian Rudy (Schalke), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid)

Forwards: Thomas Mueller (Bayern Munich), Timo Werner (Leipzig), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Mark Uth (Schalke)
3-0 to the Netherlands last night
Germany have only won three of their last twelve I think it was

Germany certainly were not without their chances or was there was a lack of talented players although yet again it`s shooting outside the box going nowhere and crossing to a pacy striker rather than a Shearer/ Andy Gray type who`ll put his head anywhere

Bad Germany or lucky Holland? Actually a decent performance from Holland who fielded a few new caps also, they contained Germany well and the front three worked tirelessly with Depay being MOTM
Some of the german finishing was appalling, and that has to be taken into consideration.

But germany didn't look that much better than from the world cup, whereas the netherlands have built their new team around van dijk,depay and wijnaldum and look like they are on the right lines.
Yep! I think The Netherlands are finally progressing and building confidence under Ronald Koeman. Re Germany, Muller and Sane big offenders in not scoring goals at crucial times of the match. I think Joachim Loewe wrongly holding faith with established players who have "done it all" and not motivated enough any more even to "prove a point".
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »