Thread Rating:
Betfred Cup SF draw - it's Hearts!
IMO a good draw playing Hearts on a "big pitch" and later on in the season when form can change dramatically. There's talk that both semis to be played on a Sunday due to Rangers and Celtic's Euro commitments; Murrayfield poss being one of the venues. If true, I wouldn't put it past the SFA Huns to give Celtic the game in Edinburgh although it will suit Celtic as I believe the Murrayfield pitch is bigger than the one at Hampden Park.
Hertz are playing well, but as you say away from the PBS celtic should stand more of a chance.
Definitely! And Celtic's "stuttering form" now will likely be very different by the time they play Hearts. Hearts are playing reasonably well but when comparing their players v the current Celtic team, I don't see many standout Hearts players who would "slot in" to the Hoops team. Soutar? I'm still unsure re this lad and him facing a hi-press, pacy one-touch, two-touch attacking style without his badly injured mate, Berra. Also I reckon he won't last a season anyway after last season's cruciate injury at Celtic Park. We'll see if I'm right re that possibility.
The SFA are playing both ties at hampdump on the Sunday. Sevco v sheep midday, Celtic v Hertz 7.45.

No risk of any bother of course.
(27-09-2018, 19:51)hibeejim21 Wrote: The SFA are playing both ties at hampdump on the Sunday. Sevco v sheep midday, Celtic v Hertz 7.45.

Wow, wouldn't want to be the police officer in charge of organizing that day out in Glasgow!!!!
They will be picking up overtime Sco..... Then back to the lodge for a shot at the goat.
(27-09-2018, 19:51)hibeejim21 Wrote: The SFA are playing both ties at hampdump on the Sunday. Sevco v sheep midday, Celtic v Hertz 7.45.

It's an SPFL tournament and Neil Doncaster professing all interested authorities (Police etc) consulted and happy and the reason for this farcical arrangement is a "contractual" one. Scotrail already objecting to these fixtures being on the same day at the same venue. Also I notice the Huns can "cut up" the pitch first (all weather dependent on how worse it can be!) - how convenient!! I'm kinda relieved that the Hibs are not embroiled in these fixtures because it looks like lotsa footie fans from the four participating clubs will be milling around Glesca during that Sunday. I'll predict right now that the Huns will be the biggest offenders by a country mile.
The nerve of that clown levein moaning about the playing surface. Laugh Laugh What a hypocritical arsehole.

I get that it's a farcical decision,but the cheeky xxxx team should have been booted out of the competition for fielding an ineligible player anyway.

Re-arranging the celtic v hertz league game seems a more sensible decision,but thats a 3 oclock Saturday game and that opens up another can of worms.
0762 likes this post
Also lets consider the possibility of a pk shoot out in that 1st semi-final and that would extend the period of attendance and celebration + fans' presence by about 60-90 mins - an unwelcome scenario in an already risky situ where 4 x different groups of footie fans will be milling around Glesca. Also re Levein's hypocritical remark re the pitch, listen to Brendan Rodgers' subtle "dig" that it will "suit Hearts style of play" lol Laugh
(28-09-2018, 23:55)0762 Wrote: Also lets consider the possibility of a pk shoot out in that 1st semi-final and that would extend the period of attendance and celebration + fans' presence by about 60-90 mins - an unwelcome scenario in an already risky situ where 4 x different groups of footie fans will be milling around Glesca. Also re Levein's hypocritical remark re the pitch, listen to Brendan Rodgers' subtle "dig" that it will "suit Hearts style of play" lol Laugh

I think levein's outrage was a show for the media. Secretly he will pleased to play on a tattie field. I'll be surprised if celtic win that game now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »