Thread Rating:
Alex Salmond isn't a Saint after all . . . . .
Not seen enough of the story unfolding to judge but I can believe it possible. He has seediness oozing from every pore.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
Like everyone, I don't know enough about the case to judge, but I doubt if the accusations will stand up in court, if it gets that far. I think he's innocent, and also his "seediness" is a result of him having a overly high opinion of himself.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Sturgeons side of the story doesn't stack up, Nor does her claims that Salmond is trying to smear her..

Nicola says she first learnt about the sexual abuse complaints from Alex Salmond at their meeting on 2nd April yet her Chief of Staff a month earlier spoke to Alex about the impact of the complaints on his re-standing. Did she not clear this with Nicola? Of course she must have. How could it have been party business and not government ?

Even so she went on to have other unminuted meetings with Salmond once she knew the matter was being investigated.

I like both the politicians involved but someone isn't telling the truth and it looks more likely to be sturgeon.
I still think Nicola's willingness "from the off" for any formal investigation is a good indicator that all will be revealed and clarified and, as said previously, she'll be cleared of any parliamentary wrongdoing.
I must admit to being amazed at the severity of the charges against Alex Salmond. It's far greater than an ill-advised pass or lewd comment. I also find it interesting that he consistently argues that he is innocent of any "criminality" - not that he is innocent of any indiscretion. Time will tell, but he is still innocent until proved otherwise.
Cabbage is still good for you
It's horrific Ritchie, and if guilty he is looking at jail time.

I find it hard to believe that the PF would push the button on these charges on such a high profile figure unless they had a good case. But as you say innocent til proven guilty and all that.

Whats more worrying me now is sturgeon. I just don't believe she didn't know anything about this.
This case is becoming more intriguing after today's events in Edinburgh Sheriff Court and I must say it will be very interesting to see how it unfolds as Ecky still sends out a message of outrage re these insinuations that appears to be "genuine".
(15-01-2019, 00:26)ritchiebaby Wrote: Like everyone, I don't know enough about the case to judge, but I doubt if the accusations will stand up in court, if it gets that far. I think he's innocent, and also his "seediness" is a result of him having a overly high opinion of himself.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52004285

As I and many other Scot observers expected, Ecky found not guilty on all charges (one of them unproven btw). I think his own defence lawyer "summed it up" by saying he could be a "difficult person" to work with on occasions but I must say, from the very beginning, I similarly thought the accusations wouldn't "stand up" and I based that on Ecky's initial response to these accusations when he genuinely appeared to be "hurt" and "raging" as well as strongly dismissing these accusations out of hand.
He isn't so saint thats for sure, but you can't convict a man of sexual assault based on I said/you said from years ago and no corroboration. Its clear as well that some of it was co-ordinated politically. Half the men in the UK would be in prison if he'd been convicted on some of those charges !!

For what its worth I think he's a bit of a letch and has 'wandering hands' but he isn't a rapist.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Still looks shifty  Dodgy Whistle Tongue
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »