Thread Rating:
Alex Salmond isn't a Saint after all . . . . .
Alex Salmond , apparently a very friendly ladies man , has been accussed of sexual harrasment by two lady former staff members . A revealing strange article in yesterdays Daily Mail suggesting that Alex likes the ladies ( who doesn't ?) , the wine and champers . 

In the season of sexual harrasment claims , watch this space . Salmond has threatened all sorts of counter measures against the Scottish Government ,  so things could turn nasty . I don't think Nicola Sturgeon is one of the complainants . . . Whistle
No one ever said he was a saint....

But innocent til proven guilty and all that.
0762 likes this post
(26-08-2018, 12:16)hibeejim21 Wrote: No one ever said he was a saint....

But innocent til proven guilty and all that.

He said he wasn't . No one said he was .
I think the "tone" of the OP implicitly suggests otherwise TBH. The Police have not charged him yet, the content of the accusations is absolutely unknown and the clamour to "nail" Ecky, particularly by RW "rags" like the Daily Mail, is unsurprising, political and breathtaking as usual, by desperate unionists and press who have been "at it" up here for months n months trying to "smash the nats" and Scot indy on behalf of the British state - that's the real agenda! Thumb down It actually reminds me of the Tommy Sheridan case v the shit News of the World with it's deceitful reporting all these years ago and we saw how that ended up in a case where the media went "all out" to demonise Sheridan. Look where the guilty female Editor in Chief ended up - "smelling of roses" instead of being rightly incarcerated for perjury!! Thumb down
I don't want to be rude about Alec Salmond, but can I say this ..........? The impression I have of him is of a man who is NOT really sexually driven.

I'd have said he likes politicking, arguing, banter, laughing, fun, champagne, good company, other people and horse-racing. I'd be guessing he's attracted more by women than men, but if you'd have asked me to make a league table of potential sexual predators in UK politics, he'd have been a Fort William or a North Ferriby.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Me, I use to trust preists . . . . . .
(04-09-2018, 13:17)Devongone Wrote: I don't want to be rude about Alec Salmond, but can I say this ..........? The impression I have of him is of a man who is NOT really sexually driven.

I'd have said he likes politicking, arguing, banter, laughing, fun, champagne, good company, other people and horse-racing. I'd be guessing he's attracted more by women than men, but if you'd have asked me to make a league table of potential sexual predators in UK politics, he'd have been a Fort William or a North Ferriby.

I'd just call it a "gut instinct" Devongone. I don't believe for one minute that Ecky is guilty of any "huge crime" but I have no evidence to back it up other than studying his immediate response to the accusations when he was absolutely seething! I'd describe it as a "Cliff Richard moment" and will be disappointed if he is charged later on.
I've been patiently waiting to see how the shameless and desperate unionists and their RW media were gonna use this Salmond case against the SNP, the Scot govt and the First Minister and not disappointed - the current massive coverage against Nicola Sturgeon and the "huge internal war" (really???) within the SNP being the main themes!! The bbc is even in on the act with "smirking Tory reporter" Sarah Smith" at the forefront of the usual shit that these c#### have actually been peddling for months and yet nobody has been found guilty of anything so far and I don't think they will be found guilty!! If they ever thought Nicola was gonna "drop her guard" re using proper formal procedures, esp with these desperate, lightweight political erseholes around her - they were hugely mistaken!!!
There is something extremely dubious about sturgeon's story 0762.

Sturgeon holding unminuted private meetings between the pair is an extraordinarily stupid thing to do. There is an obvious conflict of interest between the political and personal relationship between Sturgeon and Salmond.

Not good.
But more importantly Jim, she was accompanied by a govt official as required in the rules covering this issue. This is something that the unionist critics conveniently omitted! I reckon it will be proved that Nicola breached no rules whatsoever but I think you are right in one aspect and that is there is a personal "bond" between Salmond and the FM. I'm more interested in the accusation that covered this whole story as it reminds me of the "shit"/false accusation that was initiated against the Rev Stuart Campbell (Wings over Scotland editor) last year when he immediately welcomed the Police investigation into this woman from London and proved to be absolutely innocent, an outcome that was downplayed by the unionist press/media!! The accuser should've been given a short prison sentence as a warning!!! It was another case of the "dirty tricks brigade" at work to try and shut down/muzzle the WOS web site/operation!! We are dealing with real 100% bastards who are trying all kindsa desperate moves to suppress the Scot indy movement, the SNP , the Scot govt etc and lots n lots of Scottish supporters are well aware of this continuous campaign to demonise anything or anyone significantly associate with Scot indy. They are desperate because the c#### have hardly made any impact on the momentum of the Scot indy movenent!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »