Thread Rating:
Hearts docked 2pts and fined £10k!
"Hot off the press" that the SFA punishment has been applied after Hearts fielded an ineligible player v Cove Rangers in their group match of the Betfred Cup! The word "dafties" comes to mind - should never have happened TBF! One thing that baffles me is the 2pts deduction? Surely they should lose all 3pts and effectively forfeit the match result!?
Strange punishment from the SFA, as you say 0762 the "logical" punishment should have been losing all 3 points and the match result. What will make the SFA look more stupid is if Hearts go through on goal difference and eventually win the trophy.
It just adds more "fuel" to the fans' ongoing criticism of the SFA 1Wattie!
Hertz should have played ineligible players all season, that SFA would surely have ignored that like they did with rangers.
Aye! Add that to the current scathing criticism of the SFA re proper protection of kids in that recent formal report on the prob.
Hearts have just progressed through the group stage of the Challenge cup on goal difference from Inverness after they both finished on 9 points. If the SFA had treated their cheating correctly and docked them 3 points they would be out.
My earlier post #2 is becoming a reality, another SFA f/ up.
0762 likes this post
Yep! I totally agree. I've played against footie teams and in teams that had ineligible/unregistered players in them and the penalty was consistent - forfeit the match! It just proves again what a Mickey Mouse footie set up we have up here in Scotland and how lotsa people up n down the country view it that way.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »