Thread Rating:
Stuart McCall resigns
Breaking on Sky Sports News now that the failed Bradford City manager has now failed to make the grade in Scotland as well and has resigned his position at Motherwell.
Not a big surprise given this season's form. Motherwell have lost too many players from a successful side - 3rd, 2nd and 2nd in the SPL in the last 3 years.
Cabbage is still good for you
After overseeing 4 years of one of Motherwell's most successful ever periods in spite of losing his best players and having his budget cut every season? He definitely made the grade and I doubt he'd have been sacked unless relegation looked certain. I think he'll go back down south for a bit now, although whether he can do better than last time remains to be seen.
The press release from the club sounded like they weren't expecting this or wanted it.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
I think thats a bit harsh Snooty, pretty much a miracle worker at Motherwell I reckon,just hope he does better than Brown and Mcghee with his next career move

Bound by financial constraints and having to build a new team every season yet finishing in very high up in the SPL, this is the kind of manager they need in the EPL/Championship rather than many of the unproven ones who spend X Million and considered great managers

Any names to take over yet? Hope McCall gets a good job in the championship
Lord Snooty likes this post
(03-11-2014, 00:41)turkeydinner Wrote: I think thats a bit harsh Snooty, pretty much a miracle worker at Motherwell I reckon,just hope he does better than Brown and Mcghee with his next career move

Bound by financial constraints and having to build a new team every season yet finishing in very high up in the SPL, this is the kind of manager they need in the EPL/Championship rather than many of the unproven ones who spend X Million and considered great managers

Any names to take over yet? Hope McCall gets a good job in the championship

Yes, I know. Just trying to drag some Motherwell and Bradford City fans on to the forum. Posted a link on Twitter, got lots of views but nobody wants to join up to defend him.
turkeydinner likes this post
Motherwell have now received more than 50 applications for their vacant manager's position following the resignation of Stuart McCall.

The club, however, will not appoint anyone before Friday's home meeting with Dundee United.

Kenny Black, who was McCall's assistant, will be in charge of the team for that match.

Among the applicants for the job are former Hibernian number two Mark Venus and ex-Hearts boss Csaba Laszlo.

McCall, 50, left the role with the Fir Park outfit second bottom of the Premiership table.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29922911

Plus Jimmy Calderwood and Ossie Ardiles I`m guessing
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »