Thread Rating:
Scottish Cup final: Celtic v Motherwell
Just over 24 hours to go until another piece of footie history for Celtic and Brendan Rodgers when a second consecutive domestic 'treble' is within their grasp. The 'steelmen' and their manager 'making the right positive noises' re their chances of lifting the cup since 1991 but this Scottish Cup final is all about Celtic 'showing up' and 'doing the biz'. I believe certain Hoops' players will 'raise their game' compared with previous matches where they did OK but the league title was already won weeks ago. Also Rodgers has his preferred strikers available and 'raring to go'. I'll predict a 3-0 or 4-0 score line and IMO the only thing that will scupper this result is another shit SFA ref who may do another 'ICT job'/gaffe as done in the year that the highlanders won the trophy for the first time.
Cant say I'm as confident as 3 or 4 -0
A 1 nill win for the hoops will be enough

got my ticket and looking forward to the game
Looks like it is gonna be a hot, sunny afternoon on a vast pitch like the one at Hampden Park. I'd say this could be an energy-sapping game of endurance - only one winner if Motherwell 'chasing the game'. We'll see if that will indeed be the case
Anything can happen over the 90 minutes but Motherwell will have to go at Celtic right from the start if they want a chance to win.A match that starts slowly will see Celtic take a strangle hold and could quite easily run out winners by 3 or 4 goals.
Scottish football need an entertaining game,if we get that the score becomes unimportant.
I can see a lotta M'well players 'blowing oot their erses' if Celtic apply a hi-press game plan in these conditions! Their defender, Kipre, definitely a defensive weakness that will be exposed if seriously pressed.
Think it will be close, motherwell are a big strong,physical side. They will be well organised and up for it. The games between the sides have been tight this season,they aren't the kind of side sellick have enjoyed playing against.

First goal is going to be vital,if celtic get it i expect them to go on and win. If motherwell get it,its very much game on.
FT 2-0 and Celtic hardly troubled with a 1st half dominance that really 'killed off' the 'steelmen' on a hot, sunny afternoon. Well done Celtic - a historic consecutive 'treble' achievement that is definitely one for the footie record books to highlight.
Motherwell worked hard but they were blown away first half and the celtic defence coped with their style of play fairly comfortably.

Mcgregors goal was a beauty, cannae believe strachan never picked him for scotland. Boys a cracking wee player.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »