Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
Whatever decisions we take, whether manager or players, I just hope we don’t do adopt our usual approach and faff about until circumstances take these decisions out of our hands and we end up with 3rd, 4th or 5th choices
Matt Wilson
‏@mattwilson_star
2h2 hours ago
More
Salomon Rondon will be able to leave #wba for £16.5m in summer due to a relegation release clause in his contract. Nacer Chadli also has a clause of a similar amount
TheFunkyJoker likes this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(10-04-2018, 01:53)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Matt Wilson
‏@mattwilson_star
2h2 hours ago
More
Salomon Rondon will be able to leave #wba for £16.5m in summer due to a relegation release clause in his contract. Nacer Chadli also has a clause of a similar amount

Good riddance to both. We might get £10m between them.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Who will want them ....... Rondon has lacked balls to feed on but the chances he has missed ...... Chadli ..... what has he done?
(10-04-2018, 15:16)4evaabaggie Wrote: Who will want them ....... Rondon has lacked balls to feed on but the chances he has missed ...... Chadli ..... what has he done?

Rondon will probably have interest from Spain which is where he burst into the European scene with Malaga. I’d expect teams like Villarreal, Sevilla, Real Betis and Celta Vigo to be interested.

Chadli’s West Brom career started well then he got an injury and never re-found that form. It didn’t help that when he returned Tony Pulis had the great idea of playing him as a right winger rather than central or on the left wing where he is at his best. Then there was the whole Austria argument. For him I’d expect West Ham to come in for him or maybe a Bundesliga team like Schalke or Eintracht Frankfurt based purely on his past reputation just like Rondon.
From comments on here in the past, this could be good news for some of you:-

Championship promotion challengers Aston Villa are monitoring West Brom midfielder Jake Livermore, 28, who is hoping to make England's World Cup squad. (Mail)

Laugh Laugh Laugh
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
(10-04-2018, 15:40)silverbaggie Wrote: From comments on here in the past, this could be good news for some of you:-

Championship promotion challengers Aston Villa are monitoring West Brom midfielder Jake Livermore, 28, who is hoping to make England's World Cup squad. (Mail)

Laugh  Laugh  Laugh

That's worth a double celebration, Silver. Thumb up Thumb up Or a treble if they give us some money for him. Thumb up
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
No problem with relegation clauses of those amounts. More than happy for them both to go if it brings £30m in.

Whether or not someone would pay those prices is a different story.

Chadli is arguably worth that sort of money if fit, but would be a gamble for anyone after spending most of this season on the treatment table. As for Rondon, £16.5m is a huge amount for a player who can't trap a ball IMO, but hey, it wouldn't surprise me if someone wants him such is the state of modern football.

In fact, i think we have to move the likes of Rondon on if we want to start playing 'proper football' again. We need to lose players who rely solely on physical attributes and bring some technical footballers in. I actually think our best football this season has been when Rondon has been left out and far too many attacks break down with the ball bouncing off him. That said, if nobody wants to pay, I can see him being relatively decent at Championship level with the extra time on the ball.

As for Livermore's Villa link, it could be paper talk because Bruce was with him at Hull or it could be genuine because Bruce does have a tendency to go back for ex-players.

I have a suspicion he will go anyway, because the England call gives people the impression he's more than just a slow plodder who offers nothing. Funnily enough, I watched us against Arsenal in Krakow at New Year and plenty of the neutrals in there were saying how good Livermore had been for us Laugh

Hilarious how the unjustified England call can blind people...

Whatever he goes for, he can be replaced for a tenth of the cost with better quality. The fact he's in the England squad shows just how clueless a coach we have at national level too.
talkSAFT likes this post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43737853

West Brom want to build a team with greater goal power - Mark Jenkins

Strong words........

DD Dodgy Dodgy
Ubique.
Read West Brom

@ReadWestBrom
Following Following @ReadWestBrom
More
West Brom linked with Preston defender Greg Cunningham #WBA | https://goo.gl/mtZYBC
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »