Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
Big Dave is good until the end of the season but beyond that he is better off as First Team Coach or Assistant for a couple of years. He is still in the learning phase of his career and if paired with either an experienced guy like Scolari or a younger coach like Smith or Potter, he can keep on learning and then either break away on his own or wait for his chance with us.

What I expect is Michael Appleton or Dean Smith as number 1 with Big Dave as Assistant or First Team Coach for the next couple of seasons.
Big Phil and Big Dave - got a certain symmetry!
As long as Big Sam is not in the mix?
Big Phil and big Dave sounds good but with our recent history we will end up with big Mac and fries.
(07-04-2018, 21:19)Beefy 1965 Wrote:
(07-04-2018, 19:19)Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote: If we manage to have responsible results to the end of the season - stick with Big Darren. Confused

No I don't think so not judging by the team he picked to start today
And that bloody 4-4-2 !!

Yeah you could be right - we'll see.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
Who ever is in contention will be watching the games and making their mind up on who they would keep and ship out.  There is no point getting tarred with the relegation brush which is a clear certainty.

I would like to think that Albion will appoint someone very quickly, once the season is over (at least for us) and that provides time to sort it all out. Remember this year The Transfer Window Closes 9th August.

They need to get a wiggle on
We are very light on suggestions for new players for our visit to the championship.
We will obviously be losing several players, who will need to be replaced.
Field should become an automatic midfield pick and Burke should play more.
Signing of G"Bor as a replacement for Evans - I hope they give him a few games before the season ends.
Newcomers I like and we should be looking at
Joe Bryan - full Back (Bristol City)
Ollie Watkins - Midfield attack (Brentford)
Bradley Dack - Midfield attack (Blackburn)
Bobby Reid - Striker (Bristol City)
I'm sure Josh has his eye on some overseas stars just under the radar that maybe available at the right price.
(I've asked the type of question on another message board but sadly they are couldn't offer anything - education for them not a strong point)
I’d like us to delve into Germany’s second division for talent. Some options are:

CB - Lasse Sobiech - St Pauli
CB - Toni Leistner - Union Berlin
LB - Leart Paqarada - Sandhausen
LM - Julien Green - Greuther Fürth
AM - Kevin Stöger - Bochum (available on a free in the summer)
ST - Marvin Ducksch - St Pauli (On loan at Holstein Kiel where he is top scorer. Available for 2 million euros in the summer)
Amended the list to make it shorter.
Salopbaggie likes this post
Nice one Josh - your the person to go to for overseas knowledge
Blimey Josh - I've not even heard of those TEAMS, let alone the players! Blush
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »