Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
2/1 Mick McCarthy - FFS!  Tony Pulis followed by Pardew then Thick Mick - why wasn't I taken to a Coventry v Walsall match for my first game Doh
(03-04-2018, 14:29)Stairs Wrote: 2/1 Mick McCarthy - FFS!  Tony Pulis followed by Pardew then Thick Mick - why wasn't I taken to a Coventry v Walsall match for my first game Doh

It won't be mad Mick mate
Local journos Matt Wilson has said the top targets include Appleton, Mcinnes, potter and Smith at Brentford
No mention of Mick
And breathe Big Grin
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Of those would opt for Smith personally, has a reasonably decent record at this level with a smaller, less fashionable club and has the more recent experience of this division ....... although loved Del and Appers as players for us ..... can't recall Potter.

Not to sure of Smith's footballing style ..... anyone enlighten me please .....
(03-04-2018, 16:09)4evaabaggie Wrote: Of those would opt for Smith personally, has a reasonably decent record at this level with a smaller, less fashionable club and has the more recent experience of this division .......  although loved Del and Appers as players for us ..... can't recall Potter.

Not to sure of Smith's footballing style ..... anyone enlighten me please .....

Plays a good brand of football so I hear
Walsall were a lot better with him put it that way
I think Brentford may just be outside the play offs at the moment although I wouldn't swear to that.
Dean Smith’s teams play in an attractive way passing the ball on the floor and playing through the pitch in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 which is an upgrade on Pulis and Pardew football. There is some doubt amongst Brentford fans about his tactical flexibility which isn’t great but at least the style of play would be much better and he’d probably try to build a young squad. The average age of his Brentford squad is 24.

Whether he’s ready for a club like ours who was established in the Premier League and need to be back there in 1-2 seasons is open for debate. I would prefer him to some of the other names offered such as Appleton though.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dean-smi...teprospiel
If Mad Mick is the height of Baggies ambition the I`m afraid they will not see another penny of my money. You reading this Mr Gouchan. DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
So Luiz Felipe Scolari shows an interest in the managers job, probably he is more likely telling the world he is available for a managers job rather than any serious interest of managing us in the championship, but you never know Smile

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...r-14498175
If we manage to have responsible results to the end of the season - stick with Big Darren. Confused
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
(07-04-2018, 19:19)Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote: If we manage to have responsible results to the end of the season - stick with Big Darren. Confused

No I don't think so not judging by the team he picked to start today
And that bloody 4-4-2 !!
In all honesty, making another managerial change now would make no sense. We're down, we should be playing for pride and I would trust Big Dave to push that. He's not going to drastically change the playing style, the players would never cope with it. I would like to see some younger players get a proper run in the team, particularly as we are pretty sure that a number of high earners won't be here next year so there is no real value in playing them - let's face it, we are in our current situation because of previous managerial tactics and the players performances. Appoint someone young and ambitious in the summer, and then grow a club and a team that we want to watch
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »