Thread Rating:
England 27 man squad
Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (West Ham), Jack Butland (Stoke), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley)

Defenders: Kyle Walker, John Stones (Manchester City), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Kieran Trippier, Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), James Tarkowski (Burnley), Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Alfie Mawson (Swansea)

Midfielders: Eric Dier, Dele Alli (both Tottenham Hotspur), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Lewis Cook (Bournemouth), Adam Lallana, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (all Liverpool), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Jake Livermore (West Brom)

Forwards: Jamie Vardy (Leicester), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal)

Don't understand why Hart is there his form has been so poor for West Ham this season. Welbeck has scored 3 in 20 so far for Arsenal this season. Also why bother taking Jake Livermore and Alfie Mawson and leaving out Shelvey and Lascelles. We need to hope that Harry Kane is back before June otherwise we are going to struggle.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
I have no problem using these games to try out a few to try out a few new players who are showing good form for their clubs, so the inclusion of Pope, Tarkowski, Mawson and Cook is fine, but why on earth is Livermore in the squad??? He has been awful according to the Baggies on here and thats in a team that is heading for relegation - there has to be some other midfielder worth a look at in these friendlies!!!
(15-03-2018, 21:49)St Charles Owl Wrote: I have no problem using these games to try out a few to try out a few new players who are showing good form for their clubs, so the inclusion of Pope, Tarkowski, Mawson and Cook is fine, but why on earth is Livermore in the squad???  He has been awful according to the Baggies on here and thats in a team that is heading for relegation - there has to be some other midfielder worth a look at in these friendlies!!!

This would be my team.

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope

Defenders: Kyle Walker, John Stones, Harry Maguire, Kieran Trippier, Danny Rose, James Tarkowski, Ryan Bertrand, Michael Keane, Joe Gomez, Jamaal Lascelles

Midfielders: Eric Dier, Dele Alli , Lewis Cook, Adam Lallana, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jonjo Shelvey, Ryan Sessegnon, Phil Foden

Forwards: Jamie Vardy, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Sterling, Harry Kane, Tammy Abraham

Southgate has picked 27 but needs to get it down to 23 with 3 keepers.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
I would still like to see Cahill in the squad but I do like Lascelles. Personally I don't rate Shelvey enough to include him and I would switch him out for Lingaard, who can also go up front if need be.
Livermore and Hart are awful picks, guess they are Southgate`s bag carriers
Welbeck I can understand what he gives but not for me

Shame Luke Shaw thing happening, would've been one of my picks, do like the idea of Sessegnon
I`d take Jadon Sancho of Borussia Dortmund too
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »