Thread Rating:
Motherwell v Celtic - a chance to enhance their top position in the league
Rangers beaten again at Ibronx yesterday by Killie this time. Now the Hoops  have an opp to increase their lead at the top of the Scot Premiership. Lustig should return to the defence, Sparky is apparently ready for action again and they should be motivated enough to 'take advantage' and 'tighten their stranglehold' on the league title.
FT 0-0 and a spirited display by the 'Steelmen' who played well with 10 men following IMO an unfair red card call by ref Craig Thomson to dismiss Kipre, the M'well defender. Retaliation is a red card offence but in this case, a petulant light kick out at Broony (not Broony's proudest moment in exaggerating his 'hurt'!), this was harsh and worthy of nothing more than a warning and a yellow card!
And Celtic's performance today? Short of Tierney and Lustig, Rodgers provided more 'game time' to young lads like Hendry, Ajer and Magregor but it was generally a huff n puff performance v a resilient M'well defence. On a positive note, Roberts finally returned to action late on in this game. Sparky will also return soon. Rodgers definitely 'biding his time' to wean his strongest team for later on.
Watched the highlights of this game and that is a definite red card. It might just be a flick and he hardly makes contact, but you cannot kick out at an opponent, its a red card every day!!
Yeah, i think it comes under 'soft' but definitely within the rules of the game. I cant understand the outrage about it to be honest. Seen countless players sent off for similar, i actually thought the original tackle on brown was reckless as well.

They are 10 clear with a game in hand now with a couple of games to the split. It seems to me like celtic are playing when it suits them now and are 'coasting' towards the title. The cynic in me would say they are keeping themselves fresh for the cup semi final.
Aye! I agree Celtic are doing enough and will have better days as their injured players gradually return and attain match fitness. No Euro footie distractions and I can't see Celtic failing in their quest for another 'domestic treble'.
I thought motherwell played really well on sunday. The sending off wasn't as harsh as they are making out though, that boy cipre is a total liability.
Motherwell apparently appealing against that red card - IMO a waste of time as 1. Kipre retaliated against a push 2. Retaliation is an ordering off offence.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »