Thread Rating:
Champions League 3rd round qualifier1st leg v Rosenborg
They don't,just Rodgers didn't want to use the others. I'm sure hayes has played there for Aberdeen too.
I think Rogic and Sinclair could be used as an out n out striker as well. I thought one of Celtic's probs last night was a number of players playing in positions that they were not accustomed to - tactically played out of position. Also, as previously mentioned, Rosenborg are well into their playing season and were always gonna compete in this CL tie.
On the beeb,Rodgers said he would rather have wingers and number tens who could step up than paying big bucks for a 3rd striker.

Hearing dembele will go this window so that approach might change. He had a wee pop at the green brigade for using his image next to a terrorist depiction. And as a northern Irish catholic rightly so.
The second leg in Norway looming ever closer and Sparky looks like he'll be fit and leading the Hoops' attack. This game will be tight but I still expect Celtic to score an away goal. Otherwise it could well go to ET and a possible pk decider - could be another 'rollercoaster ride'!
Rosenborg haven't lost since november at home i read somewhere ? So i think they have the edge here.
Rosenborg lose at home! 0-1 to a stunning and priceless James Forrest goal for the Hoops and 'job done', some form of Euro footie to come until Xmas and a big CL play off tie v possibly Slavia Prague, Nicosia Appoel or Legia Warsaw. A confrontation v Legia in Warsaw would be more than 'tasty' and realistically one to avoid after previous 'protest events' that benefited a beaten Celtic team v the Polish footie club.
Comfortable win for Celtic really, and 0762 spot on about Rodgers 'calling it right'. A fine tactical showing from him when the nerves were high.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »