Thread Rating:
Champions League 3rd round qualifier1st leg v Rosenborg
A 1st leg home tie for the Hoops this time and it will be a more testy affair although Celtic will be the favourites to progress to the next round. IMO the eventual aggregate score will have the hoops clear winners by two goals.
hmmm. rumours dembele out as well as griffiths suspended.

If so it could be a very tight affair,rosenborg are champions of norway and are no mugs with bendtner up front.
This is where it potentially gets tough for Celtic. Rosenborg are in the middle of their season, so fully match fit and are currently top of the table as well, so on form. This could be a tight one!!
I still think Celtic will win this CL tie but it could be tight depending on striker availability. I think Rodgers' tactics and game plan will be just as important and I certainly rate the man very highly in that regard.
looking forward to it
but as usual its very very nervous

come on the hoops
(24-07-2017, 21:24)St Charles Owl Wrote: This is where it potentially gets tough for Celtic.  Rosenborg are in the middle of their season, so fully match fit and are currently top of the table as well, so on form.  This could be a tight one!!

They also needed extra time to beat Dundalk in the last round. So who knows?
First leg ends in a 0-0 draw with by all accounts Rosenberg being the better team and certainly creating the best chances. Going to be another tense affair in Norway next week I am sure. A lot at stake for both clubs in this one!!
Positives for celtic were they didnae lose the away goal,and the young norwegian boy filled in very well at the back for them.

negatives were rosenborg were the better side tactically and looked fitter and sharper. Bendtner was a real handful but couldn't finish his dinner the night.

Wouldn't like to call this one.
One positive note is no away goal lost although Craig Gordon stopped a goal in the last few mins with an instinctive stop using his foot! Rosenborg created some decent scoring opps but no goals scored. Their game plan certainly 'worked a treat' and they were very well organised from back to front. Celtic still well involved in this tie and the return of a recognised striker could well be a key factor in qualifying for the next CL round.
How a team with celtics wealth only has two strikers to rely on is shocking
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »