Thread Rating:
Champions League qualifier 1st leg v Linfield
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...la-fiorita

IMO this will be an easy Euro tie for Celtic but most certainly an unwanted fixture for obvious reasons. Celtic deciding not to issue match tickets to their fans but they will be there in huge numbers anyway. So that pragmatic move by the club will have a minimal effect when it comes to grass roots support for the team. I'll predict a competent 0-2 or 0-3 win for the Hoops that will set them up nicely for the 2nd leg and ultimately qualification to the more demanding 3rd quali round.
No way will celtic play in belfast without their fans turning up in big numbers,it could be a very difficult night from a security viewpoint. But i think they have done the right thing not taking tickets for it,it looks like infield will not allow fans with addresses from catholic parts of belfast with tickets in the ground either.

Football wise like 0762 i suspect a similar result to the ones he has mentioned.
An about face by the clubs now and Celtic will now have a section in the stadium. Probably safer in the long run rather than having them mixed in with home fans.

What a farce!
Celtic 2-0 up after just 22 minutes, should be a cake walk from here for them!!
FT, 0-2, and a nice wee bet pays off for me on a strongly fancied 0-2 result. Lotsa missiles thrown at Celtic players amid some unsavoury scenes at the end of this match and UEFA sanctions will inevitably prevail on Linfield! Celtic in the driving seat!
Not the blowout it threatened to be early on, but a solid professional performance from Celtic that will see them advance without too much drama in the home leg.
Was an easy win. Shellick will thrash them at parkheid.

Linfield are utter scum,on and off the park.
sparky booked for pointing out some dick had thrown a bottle at him. Laugh
(14-07-2017, 21:51)hibeejim21 Wrote: sparky booked for pointing out some dick had thrown a bottle at him.  Laugh

Have they confirmed the booking, it seemed to be unclear at the time. If so that is just nonsense by the ref!!
That was one of the most ridiculous ref decisions I've ever seen! Did this ref somehow misinterpret Sparky's reaction by showing him the bottle/missile? Bizarre and IMO a 'kop out' to deflect away from the persistent and blatant offences that were clearly observed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »