Thread Rating:
Neil Lennon
Former Celtic boss Neil Lennon has been named as the manager of Championship bottom side Bolton Wanderers.
Lennon, 43, out of work since leaving Celtic in May after four years in charge, succeeds Dougie Freedman, who left the Trotters earlier this month.
Bolton have won only one league game in 11 so far this season.

It will be interesting to see if he manages to turn them around. I personally rate Lennon; think he is a decent manager and given a little time will produce the goods....Alas time is a rare commodity these days, and Bolton badly need something. May be Neil is the "thing"
Very decent appointment and i`m really suprised a club in the EPL didnt take a chance on him
Where are Celtic now compared to under Lennon?

He bought in players and sold them at good profit, OK the odd dodgy one but every manager does I really thought he had a team at times that could easily play in the EPL-Hooper, Ki, Wanayama, Forster, Mulgrew, Kayal, Brown, Ledley, Wilson, Van Dijk, Commons very solid team at one time

Plays good football and did superbly in the champions league given the modest resources compared to the teams he played

There is talent in the team he has and a few who have lost there way, they need a scorer desperately though
I don't know. A pretty poor domestic cup record, 1 good season in Europe out of 4 and transfers that were probably dictated more to him than by him at Celtic (he said himself the scouts would give him 3 names from guys they'd sourced and ask him to pick one; when they signed Wanyama he said he saw him as a defender rather than a midfielder; some guys were brought in while he was there that he obviously had no interest in using). Deila hasn't been given the resources Lennon had, and Deila's failings don't mean any number of average managers couldn't have achieved what Lennon did.

I'm not saying he's a bad manager, and I'll attest to him being a decent guy, but I can understand why EPL clubs were wary of appointing him. He's been doing a lot of media work to bring himself to their attention and now Bolton is his chance to prove himself in their eyes.
I see the SFA's unreasonable prejudice against Neil Lennon has continued, as it clearly exerted influence over the English Championship official who sent him to the stands in his first game in charge of Bolton. Bit of a mixed message from the man himself who first blamed it on the reputation he got in Scotland, then basically said he was breaking the rules in ways he used to get away with in Scotland. So which is it, Neil: were you persecuted or privileged up here?

Good result for him all the same, beating relegation rivals Birmingham away from home to get off the foot of the table. Mind you, Birmingham's home record in the league is unbelievably bad these days. They've only won at home once in the Championship since October 2013.

[Image: Ricky-Ricardo-Shock-Hands-on-Head-I-Love-Lucy.gif]
And apparently interested in Kris Commons!

Good start though be interesting to see if their current budget will let them bring anyone in
I suppose it's inevitable they'll be linked to a couple of Celtic players now. Mind you, Commons has made a career of paying lip service to his current club about signing a new contract only to leave as soon as a higher offer comes in. If Bolton can offer a higher salary he'd go ASAP.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »