Thread Rating:
Since the last unbeaten record in 1915-17 - Celtic still unbeaten!
sore head this morning
what a day! excellent end to the league season
Record Points
Record Goals
Undefeated in 38 league games
and to date 9 cup games
so 47 domestic games
Last team to beat Celtic -Barcelona

30 million in the bank to spend (for the huns that real money no bank debt)
I would also expect over next 3 years Celtic to raise around 60m in players sales
Dembele 20m +
Armstrong 5-10m
Teriney 15-20m
Simunovic 5-10m
others that have a resale value
Bitton
Rogic
Boyata
Forrest
McGregor

Unfortunately I expect some if not all of these players to move on, but given that we have invested in youth
With Lennoxtown starting to produce a wee conveyor belt to talent .

4 guys who came through there making a big impact this season and 4 others getting we cameos.
with 5 others making waves on loan, Christie and Ajer being the stars
With good investment of the cash we have and the cash we will raise in the champions league I can only see us getting stronger.
We are stable in the board, with Lawwell playing a blinder in maximising revenues
The dafbet deal apparently 5 million a year against rangers 300k, 54k season tickets (and a real waiting list of around 5 thousand) against 35k renewed so far, retail deal bringing in multi million against one locked up in court, I would honestly expect Celtics turnover to exceed 100m this year. 4 times the gers.
The gap off the pitch is only going to grow.
The question for us is how to we make the most of that on the pitch ?
Stable supportive board, club generating its own self sustain revenues against a club who doesn't know where the chairman is or whos paying the next wage bill and has at least 5 outstanding court dates due.
Perhaps not great for Scottish football, with Aberdeen having to spend big on a new stadium, hearts on a new stand where is the competition going to come from ??
Aye! Rodgers is definitely a top quality manager as we all know and another big factor is that Celtic have a number of players who are touching an EPL level of football that all other Scottish footie clubs are nowhere near emulating. That superiority will likely be exposed in the upcoming Scottish Cup final unless the Dons have huge dollops of luck bestowed on them to 'upset the apple cart' in a match that will conclude with a huge celebration of invincibility at Hampden Park in front of an expectant audience.
Hibs 2 Celtic 4 in the Betfred Cup semi-final and another domestic result is added to the Hoops' 58 match unbeaten run and approaching another Celtic club record from the 1915-17! A welcome win for Celtic esp after previously being well cuffed by Bayern Munich on Wed night and all the exertions that go with it! A first half in this semi-final that resembled a 'bounce match' in a big part of the 46 mins that were played. Then it picked up a wee bit in the second half when it became reasonably entertaining with both goalies looking 'very shaky' indeed until the Dembele 'road show' arrived on the scene to finish off Hibs spirited display - never played a competitive match for months and easily 'hammers home' a brace of goals! All Scot Premiership footie clubs, incl Aberdeen, beware!
Dembele is quality. He's no 40 million worth of quality Laugh ,but he is definitely good enough to go for a record fee. He's clearly not 100% fit but he is just such a composed player.
In the 20 mins that he played on the pitch he could well have scored four goals instead of two. That says it all and epitomises the 'scoring threat' that he poses.
Our hardest game of the domestic season tonight
away to the second best and still undefeated in the league Aberdeen.
I hope tomorrow that we discuss the football and not the refs.

I honestly expect Celtic to get at least 1 very bad decision against us ... as this ihas a huge potential of a banana skin slip up after a very strenuous 2 weeks. If we win tonight its 61 games and onwards and upwards.

my team
Gordon
Lustig, Boyata, Bitton, KT
Brown Ntcham
Forrest McGregor Sinclair
Grithiffs

after an hour Mussa, Rogic and Paddy
A Dembele 'hat trick' tonight?
Reading the report, BBC Sport, on tonights match v Aberdeen it looks like Celtic are well on top and being 1 up might see the match out comfortably. This being the case I can`t see anybody else mounting a sustained challenge for the rest of the season. It`s quite possible Celtic may lose a game or two but they will still win the league by at least 10 points.
HT 0-2 and 61 domestic matches unbeaten looks very likely! Kieron Tierney in imperious form and scoring a stunning 1st Celtic goal. Then he cleverly breaks down Aberdeen's right flank and kicks a perfectly weighted cross for Dembele to hammer home a 'killer' second goal at the back post.
celtic have been outstanding, they have played the sheep off the park so far. They look really up for this.

Tierney is some player,he's already the complete package. Only a matter of time before an EPL club goes for him. Probably southampton Laugh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »