Thread Rating:
Trump Watch activated!
(14-07-2017, 18:28)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(14-07-2017, 13:11)hibeejim21 Wrote: Trumps a **** moron,I doubt he has anything to do with media strategies.

I doubt he could order a pizza unaided.

Trump's not a moron!!  He might be the worst politician from a policy perspective that we have seen but the Democrats fell into the trap of thinking he was stupid and look what happened to that strategy!!  This is a guy who is used to getting what he wants and won't let anything or anyone stand in his way, so far the political system has stopped him somewhat getting his way but if his support among Republicans stays strong then its only a matter of time before he starts getting his way!!  He is surrounded by very media savvy people and there is no doubt he is using this to his advantage in a very effective way, whether its him leading them or them leading him doesn't matter, the strategy they are using is working!!

A cunning moron is still a moron.

[Image: Wall.jpg]
(14-07-2017, 13:11)hibeejim21 Wrote: Trumps a **** moron,I doubt he has anything to do with media strategies.

Trump's not a moron!!  He might be the worst politician from a policy perspective that we have seen but the Democrats fell into the trap of thinking he was stupid and look what happened to that strategy!!  This is a guy who is used to getting what he wants and won't let anything or anyone stand in his way, so far the political system has stopped him somewhat getting his way but if his support among Republicans stays strong then its only a matter of time before he starts getting his way!!  He is surrounded by very media savvy people and there is no doubt he is using this to his advantage in a very effective way, whether its him leading them or them leading him doesn't matter, the strategy they are using is working!!

You are right he's not a moron. He's a complete xxxx imbecile of the highest order,and there are countless,countless examples of his extreme buffoonery. Too many to mention in fact,but skad for life pointed out another one to add to the pile.
(14-07-2017, 21:49)hibeejim21 Wrote:

You are right he's not a moron. He's a complete **** imbecile of the highest order,and there are countless,countless examples of his extreme buffoonery. Too many to mention in fact,but skad for life pointed out another one to add to the pile.

Moron is maybe the wrong word, he isn't intelligent nor politically wise at all, that is absolutely clear but he isn't stupid either!! Buffoon is probably a good description!!
Well at least when things are dry around your hometown you can go down to the border and just catch a couple of bags of drugs as they come flying over. So that was kind of him to let you all know.

But I guess that's over now that everyone's been told about it. Sorry about that mate.

xxxx nutjob.
A nutjob and very clear that his/their whole philosophy is about THEM and their egotistical values, nowt to do with the country's needs at all! Like millions of other normal people around the globe, I shuddered in utter shock that this guy became a US president and the man will not mature like a good wine. The 'threat' is absolutely clear and I hope he is removed prematurely in whatever way is possible for the good of the USA and indeed the world - the sooner, the better! I already notice the use of bullet proof glass screens at certain presidential gatherings and no surprise there esp re a nut case who is ensuring that he will be a target for elimination by some other fanatic!
I am very very sad at this situation.

It was bad enough that the man became President but it's even worse that he is still there. I had faith that something would have happened by now; Impeachment, Standing Down, Assassination - but nothing and he still walks round spouting mad words.

If we are not careful we will relax an accept this as the new norm!
(18-07-2017, 08:47)Stairs Wrote: I had faith that something would have happened by now; Impeachment, Standing Down, Assassination

As undoubtedly awful as the man is, assassination is one of the worst things that could possibly happen. Even leaving aside the basic immorality of murder, it would further erode the general fabric of democracy in America (yes, I know everything Captain Tango says and does in the White House contributes to that process, but you don't fight a cold with malaria), and the consequences both immediate and long-term would be appalling. His supporters are essentially angry cultists with guns. If he meets a violent end, get used to the sight of them on the streets gunning down anyone they don't like the look of for "revenge".

It's a sad bind, but the only way out is for the administration to fail under its own steam and be *seen* to fail. We can only hope that little things like "NATO", "the polar ice-caps" and "basic Enlightenment values" are still around when that finally happens.
ritchiebaby and Stairs like this post
(18-07-2017, 08:47)Stairs Wrote: I am very very sad at this situation.

It was bad enough that the man became President but it's even worse that he is still there. I had faith that something would have happened by now; Impeachment, Standing Down, Assassination - but nothing and he still walks round spouting mad words.

If we are not careful we will relax an accept this as the new norm!

Thankfully it's only normal for people like him, who live in their own little world where they are used to getting their own way. The rest of us will never find it acceptable.
Cabbage is still good for you
“So pre-existing conditions are a tough deal. Because you are basically saying from the moment the insurance, you’re 21 years old, you start working and you’re paying $12 a year for insurance, and by the time you’re 70, you get a nice plan.”

WTF is he on about ? Not only does he not have a clue about the costs involved (it would be about $250 a month depending on location) but he seems to think it's a life insurance plan, he really doesn't have a clue of the basics of how it works, by the time you;re 70 it would be into 4 figures for fucks sake,and the plan would likely be weaker.

Could my understanding from scotland be better than the president of the USA's ? I don't doubt it but maybe SCO can shed some light.
Ironically I am just in the process of renewing all our employees healthcare plans, so the new rates are now available for what we offer.

For me I have a family plan, wife and two daughters, its a good plan and minimizes the out of pocket costs for doctor visits etc to just $10 per visit, prescription cost is as low as $5 depending on the drug, I pay 10% of any hospital stay and $100 per ER visit but aside from that everything is covered. My cost to get this plan is $1,500 per month and thats after the company pay their 50% of the full plan cost!! As an aside, my cost has reduced this year by about $100, a direct effect of Obamacare. If I was single and just me on the plan then the cost would drop to about $450 per month.

I can also confirm that there is no age distinction in most of the plans, and the ones that do have it its fairly minimal, so someone 25 will maybe pay $200 a month less than me at 53. There is also no discrimination as to pre-existing conditions, in fact there are no questions about medical history on the forms at all. Having said that this is because its a company plan, this would be different for an individual or someone on low income who is taking advantage of the Obamacare plans. For these people this is very likely to change with Trumpcare and anyone with a medical issue is likely to have to pay more.

Once you retire there is little chance you can afford the sort of scheme I have. For starters you lose the company aspect of the plan and become an individual instead, so that in itself would see the premium rise. Most elderly are on Medicaid or Medicare, government schemes to help elderly and low income families get affordable heathcare where the government reduces the cost. These plans are not great but they are a very good alternative. Under Trumpcare these services will be cut back dramatically after 2021 I think, that will adversely affect millions of Americans!! It may well turn out that market forces will see private elderly insurance become a competitive market and we could see private plans come down in price, but I wouldn't hold me breath with that!!!

Health Insurance here is not a savings plan or life insurance policy, its purely a healthcare plan that works for one year and nothing is paid back if you don't use it nor is anything saved or carried forward. Most of our younger employees do not take up the option of health insurance, they would rather take their chances and pay the government fine for not having insurance because its a lot less than the premiums would be.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »