Thread Rating:
Trump Watch activated!
(09-07-2017, 19:48)0762 Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/aust...spartandhp

This is a very good current assessment of President Trump and that's what happens when you follow an isolationist policy that is not in tune with world opinion and that includes political world opinion esp after replacing a far more astute President Obama who had some kinda backbone and articulation attached to him. It also 'pains me' to watch the toerag UK govt/PM 'cosying up' to this guy clearly for trade bargaining purposes - yukkk!!

And his supporter base over here loved every minute of it!!! There is no swaying of the support he receives from his base, they hang on his every word, love his tweets and even when he is shown to be lying they dismiss that as fake news or left wing propaganda!! It is bizzare how they will apparently blindly follow him into a fiery abyss, except of course they would actually be following him over the edge because he would make sure they all jumped first only then to change his mind and not follow suit!!!
What you are describing reminds me of the birth and evolution of Hitler's philosophy and the spread of his horrible political movement in Germany in the 1930s with the same dismissive nature and the attraction of these kinda populist groups who can hardly see common sense/good reasoning beyond the end of their noses and rigidly holding to extreme views. It's worrying and one can only hope that the majority of people in the USA eventually 'come through' and marginalize these people and their political favourites who are impressing them. They must be challenged for the greater good of the nation.
Donald Trump Jr has been forced to release damning emails that reveal he eagerly embraced what he was told was a Russian government attempt to damage Hillary Clinton’s election campaign.

The stunning disclosure raised questions over whether campaign laws were broken and why senior Trump associates failed to report a hostile act by a foreign power.

The emails show music promoter Rob Goldstone telling the future US president’s son that “the crown prosecutor of Russia” had offered “to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father”.

British-born Goldstone adds in the exchange of 3 June 2016: “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr Trump.”

Seventeen minutes later, Trump Jr welcomes this with the reply: “If it’s what you say, I love it, especially later in the summer.”

In a later email, Goldstone describes the Russian lawyer they are due to meet, Natalia Veselnitskaya, as a “Russian government attorney”.

Trump Jr agrees, adding that he would probably be accompanied by “Paul Manafort (campaign boss)” and “my brother-in-law,” Jared Kushner, husband of Trump’s daughter Ivanka and now a senior White House adviser.

The formatting of the emails suggests that Trump Jr forwarded the whole chain to Manafort and Kushner before the meeting the three attended with Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower in New York on 9 June.

On Sunday, Trump Jr had said he had asked Manafort and Kushner to attend but not told them what the meeting was about. An associate of Manafort said on Tuesday that the former campaign chairman claims not to have read to the bottom of the chain of emails forwarded to him and Kushner by Trump Jr about the meeting. Jamie Gorelick, an attorney for Jared Kushner, did not respond to questions about whether Kushner read the emails and why he attended the meeting.

Critics seized on the new disclosures to question why three of Trump’s closest advisers were willing to accept such a meeting instead of alerting authorities to interference by a foreign adversary. Special counsel Robert Mueller and the House and Senate intelligence committees are investigating Russian meddling in the election, thought to include stealing Democratic National Committee emails and the use of social-media bots to spread fake news about Clinton.

hahahahahahahahaha.

Holy xxxx. This tool is even thicker than his moron of a father.

If there isn't a collective categorisation for trump supporters there should be. They're in the same mindset as folk over here who say they "agree" with "Brexit means Brexit".
Nothing in common except a self-relating, focused idiocy of the highest level. You have been played big time dipshits.
The thing with Trump supporters is that they are the group of people most likely to be hurt by a lot of his policies if he is able to push his agenda through!! Most of the red states tend to be the ones with lower incomes and less benefits from employers yet they consistently vote Republican!!!

You are right Jim, there should be a new word to describe them!!
hibeejim21 likes this post
Thats the real tragedy here isn't it SCO ? That bullshit about getting steelworkers and miners back to work when most of the industry is automated anyway now was a prime example,it affects very little working americans. Its just pure manipulation.

I've long said on here that Putin is sitting on incriminating stuff against Trump, and leaks carefully selected bits and pieces when it suits. This one coming just after g20.

He's totally compromised now,a busted flush. The source of a pish version of watergate. In his head he is probably still the most loved,greatest president ever. xxxx of a man.
As said previously Jim impeachment will come for President Trump. It's just a case of when! That latest summary re Trump's son and his association with Russian officials 'beggars belief' and it's amazing how they don't appear to realise what they've done during an American election campaign.
I wouldn't be so sure about that impeachment just yet!! Trump seems to have a way of surviving things and I haven't seen anything that so far will bring him down. I worry that we are becoming used to these stories regarding the administration and that we see a roll of the eyes in response to a tweet or a mini scandal rather than a concerted effort to either get to the bottom of it or push for sanctions of some sort!!

Trump has done a superb job on the mainstream media over here with his whole "fake news" mantra, his supporters simply no longer believe anything that CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC and even the BBC report, they instantly dismiss the story without question!! The articles I see trump supporters liking on Facebook or other social media are completely out of the extreme right wing of our current media and they read and quote it all as gospel. As a consequence of this there is no appetite within the Republican party to push for any sort of sanction against Trump with the 2018 elections beginning to loom in the not too distant future. Too many of the republicans up for re-election at that time are in tight races and they absolutely need their base supporters to come out and vote for them, so up to now very few are coming out against him in any way while Trump's supporter base is appearing to stay loyal to him and what he is saying.

It will be crucial that the Democrats get themselves together, with a consistent progressive message prior to these elections. They only need to win a few seats to be able to take control of the house and senate, and those seats are there for the taking if they can get their supporters out and win over a few of the more moderate Republican voters as well. If they can do that, then winning the control of one or both houses will likely see a much more vigorous challenge to this administration. Whether that results in impeachment or not time will tell.
Trumps a xxxx moron,I doubt he has anything to do with media strategies.

I doubt he could order a pizza unaided.
Well he has the unenviable rating in the American media, and other more qualified historical sources, of being the worst US President in history - no surprise to any impartial observer and well merited so far. The lack of so many good attributes that are required to enhance the reputation of any decent politician/leader are absolutely glaring.
(14-07-2017, 13:11)hibeejim21 Wrote: Trumps a **** moron,I doubt he has anything to do with media strategies.

I doubt he could order a pizza unaided.

Trump's not a moron!! He might be the worst politician from a policy perspective that we have seen but the Democrats fell into the trap of thinking he was stupid and look what happened to that strategy!! This is a guy who is used to getting what he wants and won't let anything or anyone stand in his way, so far the political system has stopped him somewhat getting his way but if his support among Republicans stays strong then its only a matter of time before he starts getting his way!! He is surrounded by very media savvy people and there is no doubt he is using this to his advantage in a very effective way, whether its him leading them or them leading him doesn't matter, the strategy they are using is working!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »