Thread Rating:
Macron? Tony Blair Mk2?
After observing political events 'across the channel' in France and Macron 'selling' his 'new vision', I wonder how many UK observers 'rolled their eyes' and thought 'I've seen all this shit before'!!! 1997 and Tony Blair anybody and the great vision was not as brilliant as being 'sold' to the public. Macron is still part of the elite institutions in France and 'pulling in' the best offerings of the left and those of the right + the attractive smiley persona seems to have convinced a good proportion of the French electorate to vote him in as President. Will people never learn re the 'shady car salesman concept' and the fact this man is not gonna solve France's economic and social ills!! I wonder!
A noted comment by Macron re Brexit is that it was a 'crime' of folly and it would condemn the British population (make that English/Welsh populations pal!) to a period of servitude! Watch this space!
(04-05-2017, 23:51)0762 Wrote: A noted comment by Macron re Brexit is that it was a 'crime' of folly and it would condemn the British population (make that English/Welsh populations pal!)  to a period of servitude!  Watch this space!

To be right though, he may actually believe that but he may not!! At the end of the day he is up against an anti-EU candidate in his upcoming election so using Brexit and its possible ramifications on the UK as part of his campaign was to be expected!!
Macron will be the new president of the republic and the EU will endure,learn from this and get stronger.
And the Disunited Kingdom will become weaker and will likely embrace a certain level of servitude (many people within our population are already embracing that servitude!!!!!) that Macron describes unless the process is finally blocked in a conclusive UK referendum to either back whatever shit deal the Tories will no doubt broker or indeed block it and stick to the status quo. We are heading towards a 'very bad place' and I hope a lotta folk within the British populace, incl the majority of these ludicrously naive English nationalists, start 'smelling the coffee'!!
Macron does have one major problem he doesn't have a party to support him
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

(05-05-2017, 18:30)themaclad Wrote: Macron does have one major problem he doesn't have a party to support him

Yes, its going to be very interesting to see how a movement gets on once it gets into power.
Yep! As said in my original OP, Macron looks like a clone of Tony Bliar but with one difference being the newness of his non mainstream political party. However, one could compare it slightly with Bliar's 'New' Labour Party concept but that's about it. I don't believe Macron is the solution to unify a divided French population but he will halt the hard right from taking power at this time. I reckon Le Pen will 'bide her time', watch for Macron's eventual failure and come back stronger to endorse her insinuations that he was a 'good salesman' but a con man all the same and an establishment pawn 'to boot'. Whether the majority of French voters eventually embrace her style of politics is debatable TBF due to an inherent belief that populism never really solves the inner probs of any nation in crisis and events from past political history generally endorse such reservations.
0762 you have said something which I thought when I saw Macron. He's very much like Blair. Macron used to work for Rothschild as a banker and he's a globalist. He's very pro-EU and very pro-open borders.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Aye! His personal profile is similar spritematt + that 'smoothy' likeable persona. However, will the early years of his 'project' compare as well with Bliar's early years from 1997 onwards? We'll wait n see eh!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »