(17-04-2017, 19:43)betterthanbaird Wrote: John Terry

https://twitter.com/JacquiOatley/status/...9174891520

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
(17-04-2017, 20:42)Baggievicar Wrote:

Dear WBA
I've been a supporter of the club for over 50 years. If you stoop so low as to even consider signing a person as obnoxious as John Terry I would view it as the lowest point in that time; I may even (heaven forbid) stop supporting the club for the period that he is on the payroll.
Please distance yourselves from these rumours ASAP.
4evaabaggie and BaggieSteve like this post
(17-04-2017, 20:50)drewks Wrote:
(17-04-2017, 20:42)Baggievicar Wrote:

Dear WBA
I've been a supporter of the club for over 50 years.  If you stoop so low as to even consider signing a person as obnoxious as John Terry I would view it as the lowest point in that time; I may even (heaven forbid) stop supporting the club for the period that he is on the payroll.
Please distance yourselves from these rumours ASAP.

Totally agree, Drewks. I would hate this club to associated with this racist! However, from a playing perspective, it makes no sense. Why would we potentially replace GMac with a player who's actually older than him and, at this stage of his career, is honestly not as good. As GMac will still be there next season, move Dawson to centre back and buy a left back, moving Nyom to right back. I'm sure there must be a young defender coming through who would be fourth choice and who would benefit hugely from the experience of working with Dawson, GMac and Evans. Terry would consume a substantial chunk of the wage bill and for what? A past-it player who is looking to get into management in a couple of years and who could learn off a Pulis. Sadly, this would have all the hallmarks of a TP signing - English, experienced.......and old. In the light of today's news, perhaps Birmingham City should appoint Terry as player/manager....or maybe community liaison officer with special focus on ethnic areas.
Just had a horrible thought. Doesn't Terry play left side of the centre? And we need a left back... Chester... Dawson... He couldn't, could he?
Quite a few thinking of not renewing their S/T next season. This would be the final straw. I'm sure the Club would consider this fact before bringing this old bloke in.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
I just think this is lazy journalism.

TP and the club have talked about signing a few marquee signings. Not many, but they would be significant improvements and part of the long-term strategy to development the club.

John Terry does not meet any of those stated drivers. Not convinced he'd even be a short term fix - so I don't buy the rumour!
(18-04-2017, 10:26)Stairs Wrote: I just think this is lazy journalism.

TP and the club have talked about signing a few marquee signings. Not many, but they would be significant improvements and part of the long-term strategy to development the club.

John Terry does not meet any of those stated drivers. Not convinced he'd even be a short term fix - so I don't buy the rumour!

Stairs, I really hope you're right but, on this occasion, I fear you're wrong. Pulis is a long time admirer of Terry and I honestly think he fits the profile of a Pulis player. For me, it makes no sense so I'm banking on your hunch being right
Stairs likes this post
If this Jacqui Oatley wench wants to be taken seriously as a journalist (or whatever) she s/b told by her Employer not to talk gobshite.....
unless she's 100% right....
oh, dear.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Hoping Terry stays far away from our club ......... I think it is a mistake ..... when they said he would be joining Albion they misheard the Burton bit which came first. Even that level is to high and fast for this tortoise. Maybe a suitable fit for the vile.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »