Thread Rating:
Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/sco...hp&pc=U531

They won't split from their Westminster paymasters and, even if they did, this bunch of Scot Tory misfits still wouldn't get anywhere near governing Scotland due to their huge obsession with this fractured Union!!! Thumb down I'm reading some recent deluded comments from a rabid Unionist Tory idiot/MP named Andrew Bowie claiming the "strong state of the Union" and wee Doogie being a strong leader??? Sorry, I'm struggling to catch up - is there even a case for the Union any more? If so, I haven't heard it. IMO the only aspect of the Union "stronger today" is the stench of corruption and cronyism with Bowie trying to impress his perceived "betters" at Westminster although I doubt they agree with his view of wee Doogie "three jobs" Ross.
Looks like an emergency march for Scotindy in Glasgow has been given the "green light"!Thumb up The most fitting comment preceding this AUOB march on Saturday comes from AUOB's Neil Mackay who said, "It doesn't matter if you have supported independence for many years, or only yesterday; if you came to see the whole British illusion, you've woken up to it and you realise, no more, and you do want Scotland to be fully governed with no outside interference. Or, if your support is recent....it doesn't really matter how you voted, come along anyway". I'm hoping 10k-20k people, calling for an end to Tory rule plus Johnson's sacking, show up in George Square - would be a great turnout at this particular time.
It should come as no surprise that the mainstream media failed to cover another Scottish health service success – its outstanding patient safety record. In testimony before Westminster’s Health Committee last week, Dr. Pelle Gustafson, leading European expert on patient safety and CMO at Swedish Patient Insurer, was asked which country he would hold up as an example on patient safety. He responded, “I would say I am personally very impressed by Scotland.” The Tory MPs’ sharp intake of breath was audible. That says it all re the continuous drip, drip, drip of anti-SNP/Scot govt shit that is still continuing "under our noses". I notice a more sinister RW media campaign up here whereby Scottish papers and the BBC in Scotland consistently produce material asserting there is moral equivalence between the WM and Holyrood administrations. Of course, the Scot Parliament and Holyrood administrations have their flaws, but to suggest that these failings even begin to compare with gross levels of WM maladministration is ludicrous.
https://www.believeinscotland.org/the-ti...-scotland/

This is quite an embarrassing "nothing story" conjured up by a Tory-supporting RW newspaper called The Times. I'd luv to know who paid them to print this incompetent and self-defeating story that bogusly attempts to attach a "dark money" insinuation against BIS, already refuted by Electoral Commission officials. The focus really should be on the various shady Unionist anti-indy groups that have been investigated re similar highly-questionable finance.
Just catching up with Starmer's visit to Glasgow and persisting with his ill-conceived view that more powers for Scotland is what we need up here???? He claims this would be enough to settle the issue of Scotland's place in the UK without needing a referendum, an option the Scottish electorate voted for in May 2021!!! Where have Scots heard all this dishonest drivel before? Yep, you've got it - 2014 and the 3 amigos' vow that never was, a total con, a betrayal. Westminster still "holds all the cards", whether that's on leaving the EU or eroding the powers of our Parliament at Holyrood. He said the key message from the people was to "get Johnson out", the big question is whether he actually has the ability to do it. Recent polls say the SNP will win all 59 seats north of the border if a General Election was held. We don't want more powers Sir Keir!!! What we do want is the referendum we democratically voted for!! Vague promises were never enough esp from someone who is not that highly regarded amongst voters who have turned their backs on the toxic Tories and their fractured government!! Scotland's place in the UK will be settled by a vote to leave by the sovereign people of the country!!
The Daily Mail ran an article criticising Believe in Scotland as having made a false claim about pensions which Believe in Scotland then thoroughly debunked. Now discovered that the Daily Mail previously published the same claim about the UK state pension being the worst in the developed world. BIS, (only half-jokingly) wondered if the paper should now report itself to the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) admitting that it must have either misled its readers in 2018 or is misleading them now?????? Laugh A RW joke newspaper that still supports the clown prince PM and his cabal at 10 Downing street!! That says it all!! Thumb down
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/ma...octtaskbar

The freeports issue has intrigued me for a long time - another one of those Brexit scams by the Brexit Tory govt, with an economic argument that has been previously "dismantled" and deemed unsound by a good number of economic analysts. I'm not surprised by this difference of opinion between the Greens and SNP. However, I believe this Brit govt strategy was gonna be foisted on the Scot govt eventually anyway. Note this idea will never come close to equalising the losses to the economy that have been incurred by leaving the biggest market place in the world, the EU, that was located right "on our doorstep".
So Johnson visited Scotland yesterday and professed he was "working very hard" on "uniting" the people in Scotland????? But we are already united - TO GET OUT OF THIS SHIT UNION ASAP!! Then surprise, surprise - another military facility visit away from the Scottish public, aka the voters. Another ego trip and Johnson seems to think he can unite people by ignoring them, insulting them, eroding their power and denying them their democratic rights Rolleyes Hope he was asked when there, "When are the disused nuclear subs, which have been tied up at Rosyth for 25 years, gonna be removed"????? Maybe DRoss could ask that question next time they meet lol!!! Laugh I mean how can anyone seriously propose opening a new port area if there are still these wrecks there??? Maybe he is arranging to have them removed down south (sic)?
Now Johnson commenting that Scotland's independence will not happen while recently supporting the democratic rights and sovereignty of the Ukrainian people. Supports them, but this shameless hypocrite disnae support the democratic rights and sovereignty of the people of Scotland while preaching independence is good for the UK, but not good for energy-and-resources-rich Scotland????? Curious eh!!!!??
The House of Lords is currently considering the Elections Bill which would disenfranchise about 2.5% of the electorate by requiring everyone to bring a passport, driving licence or similar photo ID to the polling station.
This week, the Electoral Commission wrote a strongly-worded public letter to the Government warning that the bill’s plans for direct Government oversight of political spending and election rules would undermine trust in the electoral system.
The potential effect of introducing voter ID is that more than a million voters across the UK could be turned away from the polling stations at the next general election. The Scottish Government can make sure these rules don’t apply at council and Holyrood elections – but Westminster sets the rules for its contests, and so as many as 100,000 Scottish voters would likely to be disenfranchised. (With the uncertainty over the future of PM Boris Johnson, there is a possibility of another UK General Election before indyref2)
People who face the humiliation of being turned away once may be reluctant to try again. They may not realise there are different rules for different contests in Scotland. They may become less likely to vote, and they may even drop off the electoral roll. That could affect turnout in the Referendums (Scotland) Bill soon to be passed by the Scottish Parliament.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »