Thread Rating:
Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation!
As an aside to my post on Boris, I was interested to read the angst caused by the NHS Scotland Covid Passport (or whatever it's called). The app is certainly not working, but all you need to know is that you can obtain exactly the same information from their website, which I did in about 10 minutes this afternoon.

John Swinney made a real faux pas when, in the face of Opposition criticism about the delay in providing details of how the scheme would work, he triumphantly announced that the scheme was currently in operation to loud cheers from SNP MSPs, only for it to crash. But that's politicians for you - too busy points-scoring to actually stand back and be reasonable and responsible.
Cabbage is still good for you
Any big IT project like this one will likely have "teething problems" TBH. What disturbed me very much re this story was the mass scramble by the MS Tory press at the weekend - every RW newspaper on the newsagent's shop shelves covering the same issue and trying to make political capital from this public health failure - seriously displayed on a grand scale with the sole purpose of getting to the Scottish public and "get at" the Scot govt in any way that they can - disgracefully disproportionate compared with the shit that the Brit govt, Johnson et al, are allowed to get away with because they've "bought off" most of the MS press/media.
Meanwhile I notice our wee sleekit pal, Doogie Ross (Scot Tory Leader), has been caught out telling a group of his own like-minded Scot govt/SNP hating Tory extremists that he has no problem marginalising the Scottish Parliament. Indeed, I'm sure they would love to bring down our Parliament given half a chance, but thank god well over 80% of Scot voters support a democratically elected Scot govt governing from the Holyrood Parliament! The same contemptuous little angry shit challenged and caught out last week using his mobile phone while in the Scot Parliament debating chamber!!!?? He should've been unceremoniously ejected!! Which leads me to ask the question, "Why is this disrespectful, impudent little unelected moron being allowed to peddle his regular infantile and angry negative comments in the Scot Parliament" - IMO an absolute outrage!!
To be equally honest, the prospect of hundreds of thousands of people wanting to access the app in a hurry should have been anticipated by the Scottish Government. The application of the app was rushed through to beat their own deadline and all John Swinney needed to do was to announce that there will be early teething problems and that everybody had until 18 October to download it. But no, he tried to be clever and it backfired, creating a shambles for those trying to download it and those having to operate events.

My wife, daughter and granddaughter are going to a show in Edinburgh on Wednesday and got word on Friday that they had to produce evidence from the app in order to access the venue. Thankfully, I managed to easily obtain the necessary confirmation from the website, ignoring the app completely.
Cabbage is still good for you
Yep! There are different ways to gain the same info online. My sister sent me a useful link through a Whatsapp message to cover such an eventuality although I don't need it at present. It reminds of previous ticketing probs for big Hibs matches in years gone by. All fine with reasonable fans' "traffic" online until the numbers escalate exponentially and the system can't handle the demand.
Just reading some of the expected "poison" emanating from the Tory Party Conference in Manchester. Here's a classic example of populism in full view and "playing to the galleries" - a Senior Tory named Oliver Dowden commenting that SCOTLAND IS PART OF ENGLAND (NOT!!! WE ARE A SOVEREIGN COUNTRY!!) and then describing our FM as a "giant among pygmies" while almost simultaneously calling her "not a wonderful person" ha ha ha Laugh This chap obviously doesn't live in Scotland and I'm sure wouldn't attempt to "mix with the natives" ha ha ha Laugh Also where does that place the status of that little Scot Tory runt, Douglas Ross, and his boss, Johnson???? Another ignorant c### spouting off the usual bullshit btw. But it's anathema to the ears of Scotindy supporters TBF - they are clearly riled by events up here! Add in similar comments made by that little back-stabbing Scottish "snake", Michael Gove (the "disco dancer") who commented in his speech that, "WE WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE A CHANCE TO CHOOSE THEIR OWN FUTURE". Then he follows on by saying, "The Tories WILL NEVER ALLOW THE BREAK-UP OF THE UK"?????? I'm wondering if these clowns actually know what comes out of their own mouths because THE HYPOCRISY AND DOUBLE STANDARDS ARE ABSOLUTELY JAWDROPPING!!! Thumb down But no surprise to any observing Scottish voter any more TBH - we've watched these charlatans, Johnson et al, for years "peddling" their Brexit/populist poison. My biggest concern is what they are gonna stupidly "pull" against Scotland and the Scottish people that could finally "tip us over the edge" to retaliate. IMO that is what populists want - it's part of the fascists' handbook to become the offended party and use it against the target/victim. My advice to all Scotindy readers and other allies is - patience and discipline prevails and "KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY" as usual!!! Let them gradually implode in time - it is inevitable as well as Scotindy becoming likewise!!
SCOTLAND IS PART OF ENGLAND.

That old chesnut Laugh Actually i reckon most english people know thats bollocks anyway.
I also scoffed at Gove's crass "put down" of Angela Rayner's Tory scum remark (ref last week's Labour Party Conference in Brighton). She called them scum because she was "born into poverty" opined this little conniving "snake"!!!???????? No Mr Gove - SHE CALLED YOU AND YOUR ILK SCUM BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE - YOU EARNED IT WITH THE ANTI-WELFARE/PEOPLE AND ANTI DEMOCRATIC MENTALITY THAT YOU DISPLAY ON A WEEKLY BASIS!! Your whole political ideology and preaching is undeniably fascist and that is exactly what we are dealing with - dangerous, conniving fascists with no shame whatsoever!! Thumb down
Looking at one of the last of the expected shameless anti-Scotland comments (why do they bother????) at this really unimpressive Tory party conference and not disappointed to hear our Sec of State for Scotland, Alister Jack, a man who has some kinda obsession re the Scotland-England border issue, utters his latest ignorant claim that the border is "little more than a sign" lol Laugh I think the guy needs to find a dark room and invite a Scottish historian to give him lessons on the History of Scotland considering that Scotland is the country that he bogusly represents!! Laugh Also if Mr Jack does not believe Scotland exists, does this mean that he is drawing a generous salary under false pretences? Laugh
The border issue has been debated on here before with some good points made re resolving some of the issues, post indy. IMO its importance gained in significance as the Covid pandemic gradually hit Scotland.
Cross-border travel was discouraged on the advice of public health experts to slow the spread of the virus. And many people would've liked the border to have been strengthened further, following the example of Canadian provinces and Australian states as well as independent nation states such as Norway, Denmark and Finland which imposed border restrictions with Sweden, an indy nation which had taken a less cautious approach to the pandemic.
Compared to it's three neighbours, Sweden has experienced a much higher fatality rate due to coronavirus. So you see, at a public health level, borders in the Nordics have saved lives. There are people in Norway, Finland and Denmark, alive today who would've been dead had Sweden's Covid infection rate been allowed to spill over the borders to its neighbours.
By the same token, Canadian provinces and Australian states have not shied away from closing "internal" borders to isolate a province or state experiencing a surge in Covid infections - THERE ARE LESSONS THERE FOR SCOTLAND TO HEED!
Looking further into the comments of this moronic Sec of State for Scotland, Alister Jack, and I can't believe that this guy can say in an outdated "out of touch" essay titled "Union is Strength", published last week, that he is no fan of the four nations' expression????????? This whole paper exposes ultra British nationalism in full view, pure n simple. To read these extreme views of this ignoramus, Jack, is absolutely astounding - believing that Scotland is a "regional variation" - ABSOLUTE TOSH AND IT CONFLICTS WITH A PREVIOUS STATEMENT BY A PAST TORY PM, CAMERON, IN 2014 WHEN HE ACCURATELY COMMENTED THAT THE UK IS FOUR NATIONS IN A SINGLE COUNTRY. Jack (and others) is clearly trying to change the narrative - a sinister piece of political rhetoric btw! He has already been "trashed" by some eminent Scottish historians re displaying such ignorance of the facts, and I'd go further by saying that his position as Sec of State for Scotland is absolutely untenable (but he won't be removed by these Brexit Tory charlatans, his masters in London!) - his position as Sec is founded solely on Scotland being a nation in the UK - the clue is in his title! Therefore, his sinister stance/opinion is an unsuitable one for him to hold and publicise in this way. HE SHOULD BE UNCEREMONIOUSLY REMOVED ASAP IMO!!
I'm just reading a critical National report on the Scot Tories cynical campaign of disinformation. A classic example of their shameless activities to bring down the reputation of the Scot govt was the bogus claim by wee Doogie "hateful" Ross that thousands of Scot footie fans were locked out of Hampden Park (WC match v Israel) due to the failure of the Covid vaccination app - proved to be blatantly false and Ross nowhere to be found when challenged by a good number of Scotland fans who attended the match and found there were some delays, but the probs had nothing to do with the production of vaccine passports. This is another good example of what we are up against re the extreme methods being deployed by these Tories and other allied Unionists whose clear instruction is to "play dirty" - they are doing it with impunity, but good to see a lotta Scots challenging them on a much of this type of disinformation. The problem still arises that a lotta less informed Scots are "taken in" by these kinda bogus claims!! The Scot govt must really be More proactive in "putting down" this negative stuff TBF!! I also noticed that Ross was "posted missing" after the NHS revelation of the Scot success re vaccinating younger age groups compared with the other UK nations - no Scot govt/SNP "bad" story evident, so he disappears from the media spotlight!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »