Thread Rating:
The Calcutta Cup match looms ever closer - next stop Twickenham!
Scotland head south to try and wipe that smirk off Eddie Jones' face once and for all and it would be nice if they managed to do it with a swashbuckling brand of rugby that England and Jones can only dream about and contrary to this possible unbeaten world record that they are starting to 'bang on about'!! However, a long list of historical failure at Twickenham, coupled with a concession of superior weight and physique will likely see us concede to another defeat at the hands of the Auld Enemy. Play well and 'give it your best shot' is the only instruction I'd expect from Cotter and see where it takes us!
If this game was being played at Murrayfield then I might have given Scotland a chance. England should win just about every phase of the game in this one and should run out comfortable winners.
Yep! No chance based on said concessions but I'd still luv to see Scotland wipe that arrogant smirk off Jones' face all the same! I'm sure Vern Cotter views him in a similar manner but doesn't have the player resources to turn over a highly overrated England team.
Absolutely skelped. Not at the races.
As predicted - absolutely no surprise at the enormity of this result! Even poor England teams have beaten Scotland RU teams in the past 80 years when Scotland have hardly won a match at all at this venue!!! Thumb down The worst result at the weekend was Wales beating Ireland, which totally 'killed off' a close run Six Nations Championship right up to the last fixtures. Why has it turned out to be this way? IMO the other big hitting RU challengers are actually 'in transition' and trying to gradually rebuild for the next World Cup tourney. In England's case they f##### up 'big time' on their own patch and pushed on early from that momentous failure! As said previously, I regard this team as competent but highly overrated on a world level for various reasons incl the fact they haven't played particularly well in certain matches plus the transitionary element for other main competitors!
I think you'll find England are pretty good. Even when they're nowhere near their best, they're still by far the best team in the Six Nations. Credit where credit's due.

If only Wales hadn't gifted them possession in the final minutes in Cardiff  Doh  then we might have seen a different England. Still, any Scotland team scoring 21 points (3 converted tries) at Twickenham are doing better than usual.
Cabbage is still good for you
Yes! I did say they were competent! Also take a note of how many registered RU clubs, amateur to professional, that are spread throughout England and appreciate the demographic advantage that they have although give Wales great credit for some of the great teams and titles that they have won with less advantage. I watched most of Wales match v England and IMO it was an English 'steal' with a 'defining moment' being an interception by a Welsh player who outstripped the whole English team but the guy was not a 'greyhound' and they were not deservedly punished after setting themselves up for that coup de grace!!! Rolleyes
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »