Thread Rating:
The Hoops break their 50 year unbeaten record!
Another disgraceful decision that is possibly the worst pen given I have seen
The 'give away' re this particular deplorable incident is the great unimpeded views of both ref and AR - renders this decision as 'highly suspicious'!
Ideally you would want to think that the ref and the AR would get demoted for that kind of a xxxx up,but its unlikely to happen.

I noticed rodgers asking the ref if he saw it,but he just went straight up the tunnel heid doon without even gathering the other officials.

He had a great view of it and he couldnt wait to give it.
Yep! That's exactly how I perceived that 'call' Jim and it's an absolute disgrace TBF! It definitely 'begs the question' - 'Match fix or an agenda issue'?? There is a similarity to that infamous Meekings' hand baw incident, ICT v Celtic a few years ago in a Scottish Cup semi-final although the offence was different in that particular incident there were 3 x ref officials who were all reasonably well positioned to observe that hand baw offence on the ICT goal line that effectively helped them 'big time' to eventually lift the Scot Cup for the 1st time in their history - another shocker!!
There have been times when I have thought that some Celtic fans are unfair on referees but after watching todays match I can see where you guys are coming from. The decision to award a penalty was a disgrace and the referee and his linesman must be called into question and the compliance officer should charge the player.
hibeejim21 likes this post
You can also acknowledge the accusation of a possible 'match fix' as well 1Wattie after scrutinising the whole incident re the actual 'dive' itself and the role of 2 x well placed ref officials in saying they didn't see the blatant simulation when the so called offending Celtic defender is about 2 feet off any contact to the lad Schalke. It does reek of 'something absolutely amiss' and is definitely highly suspicious in a match that didn't mean too much to Celtic anyway but a positive result was more relevant to the survival hopes of the Staggies! It looks like Broony will be in his usual mid role for Celtic v Rangers in the upcoming cup semi as Rodgers will no doubt appeal the red card and delay the SFA judgement on it.
hibeejim21 likes this post
Its time for the clubs to get together and push for a way forward in use of video for our game. That result could easily see a club relegated or in the playoffs that shouldny be.

For what its worth i thought rodgers handled it very well,he stayed calm but got his point across really smartly without putting himself in the frame for censure.
ive been saying this for ages that the SPFL should get there own officials and make them
Accountable for there decisions I.E let them be interviewed after games to explain what there decisions were based on and give themThe opportunity to apologise if they are getting things wrong etc,the SFA are chucking shite after shite at the clubs and the refs are basically swanning around on a Saturday afternoon getting away with amateur decision
(17-04-2017, 09:49)hibeejim21 Wrote: Its time for the clubs to get together and push for a way forward in use of video for our game. That result could easily see a club relegated or in the playoffs that shouldny be.

For what its worth i thought rodgers handled it very well,he stayed calm but got his point across really smartly without putting himself in the frame for censure.

Rodgers has cleverly placed both ref officials in a compromising position and I don't think his utter amazement is disguised in any way! Most critics have also been amazed and it's mainly because of the identifiable 'space' between Schalke and the Celtic defender and the questionable stance of the officials in not observing an obvious offence.
The ref was closer to the incident than the celtic defender ffs Laugh He just wanted to give a pk for whatever reason...end of story.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »