Thread Rating:
Welcome to East Fife
East Fife Football Club was formally established in 1903 in Methil, Fife out of a strong history of competitive football in that area. Methill itself is an Eastern coastal town of about 10,750 people.

The club was the first to win the Scottish League Cup three times and one of only two clubs from the second tier of the Scottish league system to win the Scottish Cup. Their major achievements have been winning the Scottish Cup in 1938 and finishing runners up in 1927 and 1950, winning the League Cup in 1948, 1950 and 1954 , winning Scottish Division 2 in 1948 and Division 3 in 2008 (by 26 points).

The club achieved league status in 1921-22 when the Scottish Second Division was formed to stop the old Central League poaching the best players with its higher wages.

East Fife's only season in Scottish football's top division before World War II was 1930–31, but the club’s best years followed the Second World War. At the end of the 1947–48 season they were promoted to the top flight of Scottish football as 'B' Division champions and it was during this "Golden Period" that the club won the Scottish League Cup three times and made a third Scottish Cup final appearance. Between 1948 and 1954, East Fife finished campaigns in fourth, fourth, tenth, third, third and sixth in the top flight of Scottish football. Aside from three seasons during the early 1970s, the club has played all of its football outside the top league since the 1950s.

In November 1998, East Fife moved to a purpose built stadium near Methil power station. The new ground was officially renamed Bayview Stadium in 2007.

Manager: Barry Smith

Ground: Bayview Stadium, Methil (capacity 1,980)

Travel:

By road:

The ground is situated on the sea front and is visible from a distance. From Kirkcaldy take the A911 towards Methil and then the A915 to Leven. Then turn right onto the A955 towards Leven & Methil. Follow the A955 through Methil towards Buckhaven. From the sea front the ground should be visible to your left. Turn left onto the B932 (South Street) and then left again into Harbour View Road. The ground is down the bottom of this road on the left.

By rail:

There is no railway station in Methil itself. The nearest is in Kirkcaldy eight miles away. The X26 bus service from Kirkcaldy to nearby Leven, leaving Kirckaldy about every 30 minutes and goes to Leven Bus station which is about 10 minutes walk from Bayview, on the other side of the old Methil Power Station.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Been on the old sherry Devon?

Forfar 5 East Fife 4 or is it the other way round?

I know one tongue twister in Scottish football is Threave Rovers 3 Strathspey Thistle 3.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Can't say either.

There are about five clubs on the site with very lively boards. The rest have nothing and if a fan ventured here he'd feel like he was entering an undecorated room, bare bulb and floorboards.

This site has the potential to grow, but it never will unless someone puts in the effort to welcome new people. As none of the clubs in Scottish One attracts a post I'm showing what you could do with a lick of paint, wikipedia and random bits of research.

Even if they only come on here to say get yer fckukcking fingers out of our Scottish history, that'd be a start. meanwhile I'm learning a lot.
East fife is possibly also the coldest ground i've visited. xxxx freezing.
(30-12-2016, 18:41)hibeejim21 Wrote: East fife is possibly also the coldest ground i've visited. **** freezing.

See that's all anyone really needs to know.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Have to say it looks cold at East Fife.

We need more people ....... to keep warm. There aren't enough on this site. It deserves more. I love the thought of hibeejim freezing at the Bayview Stadium.

Grimsby (Cleethorpes) in the snow was my coldest ground, like Derby's County Ground (was) at cricket.

But playing amateur football in goal at Buxton, several Peak District villages and once at Clay Cross take some beating - though I bet there are players up in Scotland who've been much colder. Is that the reason Scotland has produced so many wonderful out field players and so few good keepers? You'd have to be a bit mental to be up in Fort William and say, "I'd like a game in goal."
(30-12-2016, 18:41)hibeejim21 Wrote: East fife is possibly also the coldest ground i've visited. **** freezing.

My one and only visit to Pittodrie takes that prize for me. Sat through a midweek night game back in the 90s that felt like it was going to cost me some fingers and toes!!!!!!!
ritchiebaby likes this post
(31-12-2016, 23:31)St Charles Owl Wrote:

My one and only visit to Pittodrie takes that prize for me.  Sat through a midweek night game back in the 90s that felt like it was going to cost me some fingers and toes!!!!!!!

Pittodrie wins hands down - a north/north-easterly off the North Sea would test a brass monkey. And that's in the summertime!
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »