Thread Rating:
The 'treble' is still on for Celtic - Celtic 1 Rangers 0
But you know as well as I do that for any EPL club this kinda buy out is just 'pin money eh and yet from the point of view of most Scottish footie clubs, even the ones that think they are reasonably 'big', it's 'big money' that they don't have! Rolleyes
Very true.
HT in the League Cup/Betfred cup final this afternoon and Celtic already ahead v the Dons by two 'cracking goals' from Tom Rogic and James Forrest. It looks like the 'Hoops' are comfortably on course to lift the first domestic Scottish footie trophy of the season (that will be their 100th major domestic trophy in their footie history!). So the 'treble' looks very much 'on the cards' for this season.
Aberdeen are rotten. Pishy long ball route one fitba, they got absolutely nothing out the sellick centre backs the day. Even though they looked a bit leggy at times in the 2nd half the result was never in any doubt. The rotten tactics from mcinnes never get called out in the press.

Brown and forrest are like different players this season,and are clearly playing for rodgers. Unlike for deila.
Yep! The Dons never seriously contested this match from the off - Celtic too good on the day!
(28-11-2016, 01:50)0762 Wrote: Yep! The Dons never seriously contested this match from the off - Celtic too good on the day!

........and on just about every other day during the season!!! They should easily win the treble this year and the fact Rangers will likely finish 2nd maybe highlights the gulf between Celtic and the rest of the teams.
Rangers are no given to finish 2nd,i think both Aberdeen and hertz are better sides.
I agree! I think Rangers will be pushed to win 2nd place and I base that view solely on Rangers poor performances on the pitch. IMO their recent win v Partick Thistle was damn lucky but that's just one of many poor defensive displays.
They have needed very late winners to defeat the bottom 2 clubs last couple of games. If hertz and aberdeens managers play them without fear,and remember this isn't deidco they are up against by any stretch they both should get 3 points in the games coming up.

Aberdeen in particular have the players to skelp them if mcinnes applies them properly. Its a big if with that clown though,he was just about in tears when they beat them at pittodrie.
(28-11-2016, 11:54)hibeejim21 Wrote: Rangers are no given to finish 2nd,i think both Aberdeen and hertz are better sides.

I can only take your word on that as I do not get to see much Scottish football but its got to be a source of dismay within Scottish football that the two teams promoted from the Championship in the last two years are likely to finish in the top 4 this season! Of course the relative size of those clubs compared to the others in the Prem is part of that but since Rangers demise and Hearts/Hibs downturn, aside from Aberdeen no other team seems to have made the leap to fill that gap on a consistent basis. Celtic only ever really had one true rival, now they essentially have none and it seems that it will be a while yet before anyone else can get near them.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »