Thread Rating:
The 'treble' is still on for Celtic - Celtic 1 Rangers 0
I'd say generally 'no' Saint Charles Owl. I think the standard of English  Championship footie is higher. Therefore the transition for any aspiring Scottish footie manager is prob gonna be fraught with difficulties with the odd rare exception that can arise, eg Alex Neil.
I still find it surprising that the manager of one of scotlands biggest clubs has gone to a club near the bottom of league one. Think something has gone wrong behind the scenes there.
cathro gets the hertz job. Interesting appointment.

He's got the players to finish 2nd if he can get a bit more consistency from them. They were better than sevco in pretty much every position the night.
Cathro has had a highly regarded coaching reputation at Newcastle Utd. However, moving up to a managerial level presents different challenges but it might suit him considering that Harry Potter is prob influencing the manager's activities anyway! Will Cathro endure that interference all the same?
cathro was at utd with levein so i'd imagine he will be happy with the set up. Seems obvious that levein is picking the team.
The more that I read into Cathro's activities at NU, the more it seems that he's actually a 4th tier coach who is not directly linked to Benitez' inner circle of trusted coaches. Also there are some strong insinuations that he's lacking in decent player management skills, a recognisable failing coming from some media people who have previously met him and watched how he operates.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »