Thread Rating:
And an Old Firm Premiership confrontation finally looms closer!
They will piss the league Jim
A 5-1 thrashing for the 'mighty' Rangers and that predicted potential humping materialises as Rangers defence disintegrates at Celtic Park! Senderos didn't have his finest game in Rangers back line and Dembele scores a 'hat trick' in an OF league match, the first 'hat trick' in 50 years since Stevie Chalmers did it.
Was it as one sided as the scoreline suggests?? Didn't see the game as was watching the Manc derby.
Rangers were dismantled easily enough the day, 2 very slow,pish centre halfs,2 very slow past it central midfielders. All bartons talk about scott brown was shown to be empty,empty stuff. He has totally underestimated scottish fitba. Barring 10 min spells early in each half they weren't at the races at all today. Celtic pressed them and used their pace in attacking positions to great effect,anyone who thinks rodgers hasn't improved them is deluding themselves.

Warburton once again shown to be completely clueless and one dimensional in tactics and selection, deila mark 2. Except he will never,ever be called out on it by the press like the norwegian was. Warbs was a punch drunk,slavering wreck at the post match interview. The big fear for him is a couple more bad results and all the backslapping and photos with loyalist bands won't save him from the huns ire.
I don't like Rodgers at all but he has them playing some good stuff. Warburton has to be given the full season no matter what happens. They won't go down so let him build a team. I am a bit surprised about Barton, saw him a few times last season and he was one of the better performers in the Championship down here for Burnley, maybe the legs have finally gone but I for one thought he would do better.
The signings the bread man has made this year are beyond belief (if he actually made them). He has wasted a lot of money on a pile of washed up players on their last go round. Barton would never have cut it in the epl thats why he is in scotland and krancjar was playing in the 2nd tier in america last season. I doubt very much he will hack many 90mins up here,indeed he was lucky not to see red the day. You can't build a team around them ffs.

add in clint overthehill and senderdross (who hasn't played in months and chucked it the day) and you get the picture. Defensively they are going to lose a lot of goals this season cos all their centre backs are horrendous.

Warburton is nowhere near as good as he has been touted.
I am not sure about Warburton, he had a good season and a half at Brentford, but a lot of that team was the team that Rosler built. I think what enhanced his reputation was actually the circumstances under which he left them having got them promoted and into 5th place in the Championship, that move shocked everyone and I think worked in his favor. Since he left they have struggled.

I still think he is a good appointment for Rangers, he is something different for Scottish football and for Rangers. He came with no connections to the game there, but then I thought that about Ronnie at Celtic and that didn't go as well as they had hoped!!!
He has one style of play just like ronnie and by his own admission if it fails then they just have to play it better ! That just strikes me as the wrong kind of approach for a club the size of rangers,i might be wrong but i think he is probably better suited to a smaller english club where expectations aren't so high.

His system was fine for the championship,where the defenders lack of mobility won't cost them so much. Different story so far in the top flight,where even though we don't have huge quality (outside of celtic) the players often make up for it with intensity and better fitness.
One style of play works well for Pep or Klopp etc, it's not the one style of play, it's the movement of the pieces during the game, the small changes, that make it successful. I can see what he was trying by buying a few players with experience, but I wonder if youth and pace might do more to scare other teams.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/n...rk-8808886

And, as expected, the lunatic fringe within the Rangers support run amok AGAIN on the away toilet facilities at Celtic Park - what a mess and somebody should 'throw the book' at the Govan club itself after another negative incident that we can add to the list as well as numerous on street incidents that Glesca's finest did well to Police it at a subdued level! The funny thing is most of these nut jobs have found their true place - down the toilet where they belong!
hfcbounce likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »