Thread Rating:
A 'big pay day' for Celtic and Peter Lawwell in their Champions League group!!
Problem in Scotland is its always Celtic that get the 20m instead of just for once someone else getting the chance. But until another team finds a way to win the league they will continue to do this every few years and just keep themselves above everyone else!!
Well said SCO money talks and the difference is it`s screaming for Celtic and whispering for the of us. Not Celtics fault but if a few rich oil barons were to invest in Hibs Hearts or Aberdeen it could change the face of Scottish football.
Absolutely wattie!

Thing is these guys want to invest in clubs where there is money and prestige...so that rules scotland out.
Yep! And I think we're gonna see good examples of such financial folly, and foolishly piling money into loss-making Scottish footie clubs, in episode 2 of the bbc's recent prog, Scotland's Game.
Think the lessons have been learnt harsh ones at that,well apart from Sevco that is the good thing about them is there fans will demand Celtic are stopped which will
Likely cause them to fuq up again
(28-08-2016, 16:01)0762 Wrote: Yep! And I think we're gonna see good examples of such financial  folly, and foolishly piling money into loss-making Scottish footie clubs, in episode 2 of the bbc's recent prog, Scotland's Game.

They will dodge any criticism of "sir" david murray and his "Investments" which were entirely other peoples money....or i will be surprised.

HBoS bank realised years ago that Rangers were a grossly mismanaged business led by an egotist who put protecting his own image before the well-being of the club/business itself. Hence craig whyte arriving conveniently to take the inevitable shit storm that followed.
I can still vividly recall when I was informed by a very reliable Ibrox source that the club was sensationally gonna go under at some point because of all the financial irregularities and debt that was being incurred. That info was approx 18 months before it actually happened and, to this day, I remember certain Rangers individuals who scoffed at the suggestion that their club was in dire financial straits but it was well hidden. You should've seen their faces when the 'financial shit finally hit the fan' and they were well reminded of the past warnings!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »