Thread Rating:
A 'big pay day' for Celtic and Peter Lawwell in their Champions League group!!
That's the good news with a substantial amount of money coming in to Celtic Park again. The bad news is that their CL Group rivals, Barca, Man City and Borussia Munchengladbach, are far superior opponents and this challenge is likely to be well beyond their capabilities this time around. Indeed, I fear there could be a few 'humpings' for the Hoops before this group is finally concluded.
Boy they made hard work of getting there as well!!! But you are right, they should get hammered by at least Barca and MC, maybe they can get something out of the Borussia games but that won't be easy either. I am sure they will get the crowd going at the home games, that could get them some points but in reality they are way behind in terms of the team quality.
Yep! I watched Munchengladbach's quali matches v Young Boys and this German team is the one that may cause a shock or two in this group. They won 9-2 on aggregate and BMFC looks like a far better side than Celtic and a formidable one at that.
Celtic will strengthen before those games I'd be surprised if they didnt,£20m is a lot not to spend.
Just shows what a wee bit of investment and a decent manager can do from their perspective. Relatively small amount speculated and now a fair amount accumulated!

I think they might do better in the home games this time around,and get humped away from home. Never underestimate how intimidating a place celtic park is to go to with a full house.

Looks like BR is moving players oot the now with johansen away which suggests a couple coming in....rumour control saying james mccarthy on loan from everton.
I cam't see Barca not picking up 3 pts in Glesca TBH as I reckon the hoops got their rare win a few seasons ago. Also City and Guardiola's new system of playing pressure footie will be difficult for Celtic to cope with, no matter who Rodgers signs up. Lastly I think Munchengladbach will surprise Celtic, home and away mainly because of the quality and pace of their forward players. As the saying goes - nae chance!
Of course peps at city now,how could I forget ? No danger will he underestimate them.

We will see.
Celtic are to be congratulated for reaching the group stages of the Champions League and of course it`s quite possible that you could lose a few of the matches.
No matter what criticism comes your way the rest of us should be honest and admit that we would give anything for our team to be where you are now.
Good luck in your group and remember the motto of the GB Olympic team- BELIEVE
Damn right wattie,I would love to see barca or city in Edinburgh for CL football.
Yep! However, I would like to see this scenario at lotsa Scottsh footie clubs as it would indicate some level of improvement in the Scottish game and also other big interest in other team's fortunes!! As usual, 'money talks' and that positive scenario aint gonna happen any time soon as we've witnessed for decades as the rich get richer and the poorer clubs are restricted in what they can achieve and the same applies to Celtic at the mid to lower level of Euro footie status!! Thumb down Just study the poor stats for Celtic's past 36 Euro fixtures/results to appreciate that fact!
hibeejim21 and St Charles Owl like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »