Thread Rating:
Rangers' League Matches, Season 2016-2017
If celtic beat you and win their game in hand they will be 7 clear already.
So Celtic hammer their main rivals for the title, go top still with a game in hand and now have 20m more income. Season over as regards first place, everyone else is fighting for the Europa League places!! Can't see this scenario changing anytime soon in the coming seasons!!
Naw SCO they only beat us 2-1 that was Aberdeen they pumped today
St Charles Owl and hibeejim21 like this post
SCO, don't let the scoreline and the BBC's gushing fool you. They were edging it 2-1 with a couple of minutes to go (at Celtic Park where Aberdeen always have a terrible record) before Aberdeen got a man sent off conceding a penalty and that gave them a chance to put some gloss on it. 10 shots in the match and half of them came in that last spell, so not exactly the relentless barrage of firepower some would have you believe. There wasn't much in the Hearts game either, and they probably wouldn't have won that if Celtic fanatic Tony Watt hadn't 'forgotten' which side he was meant to be playing for a yard from goal.

Not that I really disagree with you about it being a one-horse race again - God knows Rangers wont be in the mix at this rate - but apart from bringing in a couple of better players they're not really significantly improved from last season from what I've seen. If anything their defence is worse - 7 goals conceded in 6 games in Europe and they haven't faced a particularly good side there yet - so teams will score goals against them if they don't go in too scared to make an effort.
Point taken El Car, never judge a book by its cover!! Still they do still seem to be the only team that can produce results like this on a fairly regular basis. As said in another thread, they should get hammered in the CL, especially away from home.
Going by the highlights they could have had 4 in the first half alone.... And thats after a hard midweek game in israel. They look vulnerable at the back at times but they always look like scoring goals,They will skoosh the spfl.

rangers meanwhile couldnae beat a 10 man kilmarnock team and had their centre backs outpaced by kris boyd. They have had a very easy start to the season fixtures wise but barring an injury time winner v motherwell they could be looking at 3 draws from their opening 4 games. Their signing policy seems to have changed completely along the way too.

As for watt missing a sitter against celtic because he's a fan of the opponents Laugh Laugh Laugh
How has the signing policy changed? Warburton always said we'd have a mix of younger players and players with the experience depending on who's available. We've signed 10 players this summer, 5 of them between 19 and 24, and the 5 older players who've come in have replaced 5 of the older players we had in last season's squad that were released.
Fair enough,but it looks to me like the "older" players have been replaced by players that are pretty much at the fag end of their careers. Bigger names mind and certainly a better calibre of player, but bigger wages and struggling for fitness already.

For instance i always wondered why barton chose Scotland when he could have had another shot at the EPL,but the couple of times I've seen him he looks so slow he would have been destroyed down south. He played one improvised through ball at killie that was class but I'm not so sure he will really influence games as much as he made out in the press.
Barron's not done much as a defensive player (which is what we've been crying out for) but his long passing game has been superb at times. Only problem is there's no point playing a blinder to McKay on the wing when there's no one keeping up enough to be in the box for a cross. We do better playing a short game so Barton has broken things a bit the way I see it. I'd rather get Windass in there when he's fit or use Rossiter instead of Barton rather than alongside him.

Still, I think on paper these signings are still an upgrade on the players they replaced: Gilks for Bell, Kranjcar and Barton for Shiels and Law, Garner for Clark. We needed an experienced CB and got Hill (not that you'd know he had any experience the way he's played), and we definitely didn't need a sick note like Templeton.
SPL (SPFL1), Saturday 10/09/2016 : Celtic v Rangers, KO 12:00 hours, SKY.

08/09/2016 : I will post stream(s) should any become available.

SPL Saturday, 10/09/2016 :

Aberdeen 15:00 Inverness CT
Celtic 12:00 Rangers Sky Sports 2
Dundee 15:00 Kilmarnock
Heart of Midlothian 15:00 Hamilton Academical
Partick Thistle 15:00 St Johnstone
Ross County 15:00 Motherwell
AVFC RFC SAFC
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »