Thread Rating:
Cassius Clay
Tongue 
RIP the greatest is no more
Stairs, Lord Snooty, 0762 And 3 others like this post
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Mohammed Ali, aka Cassius Clay, was one of the most charismatic boxing legends of all time and it was sad to see him become a shadow of that great, effervescent character who boosted the sport of professional boxing for the sporting media to savour and follow with a passion when he was in his prime. That awful neurological affliction, called Parkinson's Disease, finally took him but not without a long battle from the great man!! RIP

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/boxing/36450981
themaclad likes this post
Ali was the biggest thing in boxing when I was growing up, he was a showman, an entertainer both inside and outside the ring!! He made boxing so popular and that interest led beyond him to the fighters that followed him but the sport never found another Ali and has faded as a consequence.

RIP.
Spot on there SCO we know have Tyson Fury says it all really
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Like SCO I grew up watch Ali fight. He was just as amazing and carasmatic outside the ring. If they show them, and I hope they do, the interviews with Michael Parkinson were fantastic.

But, surely now with the evidence so clear to all to see (plus the knowledge that boxing refused to care for boxers like Ali because he made them money), they need to make significant changes in the sport.

I stopped watching it 20 years ago and can't understand why others still do.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »