Thread Rating:
Rangers return to the Premiership - Doncaster 'lights the touch paper'!
I knew there would be a huge response from the Scottish football community (and others - doctors, nurses on the front line, women groups, Nil by Mouth) when the Scottish Premiership's head man, Neil Doncaster, came out with the 'football argument' that Rangers return was good for the Premiership, and I wasn't disappointed. Listening to one bbc 'phone in' this morning and Neil Doncaster and Rangers were absolutely slaughtered by people from all walks of Scottish life and not just from football! Of course, the usual 'emotive words' were thrown in by certain Rangers suspects: in fact their script is no different from previous comments made on this board that suits their narrow argument in trying hard to deflect that criticism  - words like jealousy, hatred; statements like 'they never ever liked us anyway', 'lotsa people have a problem with Rangers', 'there's other sectarianism within Scottish footie' (small by Rangers standards but does not make it right to practise it!!) etc etc etc. These are all highly defensive words and statements dreamt up to try and dispel a lotta criticism that has been flung in this football's club's direction for years and a lot of that criticism does not centre on the subject of football at all. There are serious social issues which are impacting on many women in this country and the violence is well documented - it's significant and not a myth. The poisonous sectarianism behaviour will be enhanced 'big time' in the top league and it's time for the relevant authorities to deal with it as the 'hate crime' that it actually is! But will they deal with it in a sport that is trying to encourage families back to the game and effectively change the culture and move away from this 'dinosaur culture' that has haunted Scottish football, and particularly OF matches for 'donkeys' years'!
Throw in the unsatisfactory behavioural issues like violence and intimidation that definitely exist within the very foundations of this football club and there is a case to answer. I'd like to see the Scottish govt formally document the future impact of Rangers return to the top flight by listing the subsequent detrimental effects: crimes, casualties, the victims/fatalities and the incidents that will inevitably arise from Rangers involvement in the top flight of Scottish football and the serious, fanatical way that many of their fans (not just a few of them!) portray themselves in a way that a significant proportion of them will resort to underhand behaviour to further a 'warped cause' for a game of football, 11 guys kicking a ball about on a football pitch!! After all, it's just a sport like ice hockey, basketball, netball, rugby - it's not a war!!
KonradK likes this post
Mon the gers
Konrad, I do hope you contribution to the forum stretches beyond your first 2 posts!!!! Always good to see new posters, so welcome and feel free to add more to your future posts!!
0762 and Stairs like this post
Sanctimonious pish from the resident flake yet again.
In such a reasonably long OP that has no contention in it whatsoever, the silly comment in thread #4, without any form of defence (because there is no defence to these criticisms - these are factual criticisms and public criticisms as well!) whatsoever, is nothing short of a general ignorance and denial of the whole subject!! Thumb down
This usual, 'true to form' remark is not even worth reading TBF!!
Return?? I never knew they'd been away,when did they leave exactly??
Return to the Premiership is self-explanatory Fredster.
But they've never been in the premiership 0762.
Ha ha ha! I get you now Fredster - fair point and I acknowledge there is a difference between GRFC and sevco! Smile My excuse is I've been reading too much Rangers 'spin'! Wink
Glad i brought you back then lol.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »